PDA

View Full Version : salmon Cam News Article

Rusty_Hooks
10-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Try this link guys...pretty cool stuff

http://www.katu.com/outdoor/story.asp?ID=80061

JasonB
10-02-2005, 05:53 PM
Not to long ago I purchased a new under water camera . Im still itching to get it into use .
The only video ive seen thru it so far is my fish tank ;D

Maybe I'll bring it up to pyramidfest next weekend .

Mickey_Thomas
10-02-2005, 06:46 PM
Rusty is right, "pretty cool stuff" ;D Jason, I'd like to watch one of your Lymans dance around and a big fish catch up to it ;) ;D

JasonB
10-02-2005, 06:54 PM
If I can find myself a 12 volt vcr I could record every thing .I'll have to keep my eyes open for one .

drstressor
10-03-2005, 07:32 AM
I might have something that you can borrow at Pyramidfest.

What type of camera do you have? I have one also, but I gave up on figuring out ways to keep it pointed at the lure.

Rusty_Hooks
10-03-2005, 08:31 AM
Cords?...

I"m bringing my little electrical bag of tricks too...just in case

Soldering torch, and electronic type solder ;D ;D

Let me know on the cords or cord stock ;)

ITUKAWAL
10-03-2005, 08:47 AM
Cords?...

I"m bringing my little electrical bag of tricks too...just in case

Soldering torch, and electronic type solder ;D ;D

Let me know on the cords or cord stock ;)

I may have you take a look at the connector end ( solder )antenna to VHF radio. I have a handheld but the twin antenna base unit is preferred.

JasonB
10-03-2005, 07:06 PM
I bought the Atlantis 5800 Color PanningCam .
But looks like it's going to be sitting on the shelf a little while longer . doesnt look like im going to make the fest . :'(

Doc I was thinking of the same thing . And my salution was to mount it to my down rigger ball some how . I figure even if it shifted to one side or the other maybe I could pan around to adjust for the difference .

drstressor
10-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Wait until you see what a PITA those things are to use. You either fish or you try to use your camera. Mine swings from side to side. And fastening the camera wire to the downrigger wire also a chore. I hope that you have better luck than I did.

65whaler
10-05-2005, 12:29 PM
between the gps and the fish finder i already feel like i'm cheating. and mounting another unit on the crowded console? ugh.

i would rent/buy the video though i'll take any help i can get.

Rusty_Hooks
10-06-2005, 02:03 PM
They are going to be producing dvd's for sale...I'll keep an eye on it...

I've got relatives near there.

The next generation will be like a futuristic article that was written for outdoor life in 1958 where you have remote control over the lure and the fish is chasing you on the screen. Good luck on being faster ;) ;D ;D

It was written about musky fishing in the northeast.

The guy lost his lure ;D ;D :o ::)

14_blast
10-07-2005, 05:15 PM
The fellows filming the underwater salmon footage are not original. Dick Pool has been taping underwater salmon footage for quite a while. But I do admint, the Oregon guys film looks awesome and it's very inspiring!!!

65whaler
10-08-2005, 01:08 AM
yeah, howabout that corkscrew action on the bait? my stuff only spirals at best.

drstressor
10-11-2005, 03:34 PM
He's using a big rotating flasher that isn't in the picture.

I sure wish I know how he was mounting that camera on the downrigger. As they said in the clip, nobody has really figured out how to do it right yet.

ghostfish_slayer
10-11-2005, 05:43 PM
i bet if they or you attached it to a plainer it would stay somewhat straight.

CORN
10-13-2005, 06:07 PM
This has probably already been posted somewhere on this board, but here it is just in case it hasn't. Some cool movies of salmon taking the FBR. You'll need broadband.

http://www.sheltonproducts.com/sheltontheater.html