PDA

View Full Version : Bodega Saturday 10/01/05

fishenrick
10-03-2005, 10:07 AM
Started 170 feet of water off of bird rock, first 5 minutes nice 15lber in the boat , 50 feet on the wire, action right away , I thought it was going to be a good day, it was a good day , had lots of action but alot of small ones 19 to 22 inches, better than no action at all, finally decided to keep a couple smaller ones at 21inches and called it a day, my fatherinlaw and I caught 12 all together mostly small keepers, watermelon apex and green fbr were even catches, wanted to go to ten mile but it was real foggy all day and they were calling for strong winds in the afternoon did not want to get stuck down there, the radio fish were also small with a nice one caught here and there. Overall a fun day on the water.Probally my last Bodega trip of the year,but who knows it is always fun out there.

Fishenrick

Mickey_Thomas
10-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Good day fishinrick, you took home some meat and had lots of action, wonder where all the big ones that I lost last week went ::)

65whaler
10-03-2005, 03:25 PM
thanks for that report rick - mick ... the happy/sad answer to your question is probably "upstream." tis that bitter sweet time of year.

fishenrick
10-03-2005, 04:06 PM
thanks for that report rick - mick ... the happy/sad answer to your question is probably "upstream." tis that bitter sweet time of year.
Yes it seems to be coming to an end, some of the commercial boats were pulling out of the water,that has to say something.

fishenrick

Mickey_Thomas
10-03-2005, 04:18 PM
I still want to get out there one more time before the season ends, you never know how many are out there and not heading up a river to spawn. ;) I guess I just love it out there and around Nov 1st the wind seems to die and you get some great flat, sunny days out there, heck I'll take one fish a day ;D like I said it's just good to be out there 8)

65whaler
10-03-2005, 05:04 PM
hey mick - don't get me wrong, october is my second favorite month to september. i'm a big fan of these days when you can smell cow dung on the ocean. ;)

i also hope to get out one more time before it's over. and yes, it only takes one to get the skunk off the boat.

fishenrick
10-03-2005, 06:04 PM
You never know from day to day how it will be out there, I will say all fish were females and had very immature eggs, that may be a good sign, since they all seem to be late this year, I also would like to go out again,nothing better than the cool weather and open sea.

Fishenrick

lazylab
10-05-2005, 02:41 PM
8)hey mickey imet you at stumpy an the good word is my birthday is nov 1st ::) so maybe a ride in the new boat ;) never done salmon in the big blue only the sac ???