PDA

View Full Version : This is serious!!! Please read

Vance Staplin
09-28-2005, 07:16 AM
FUTURE OF LAWSON’S LANDING THREATENED

After many years of providing to the public what has, since 1957, become one of the few remaining areas of access to the California Coast, providing wholesome, family-oriented outdoor activities, Lawson’s Landing faces the threat of extinction.

While trying to gain approval of the regulatory permits required to modernize Lawson’s Landing, which are necessary to remain in business, the Lawson family is facing strong opposition by various environmental groups which effectively would end more than just a family business, it would bring to an end a way of life going back 3 generations and close one of the few remaining campgrounds on the California Coast.

Lawson’s Landing is a scenic and idyllic setting for enjoying activities such as camping, fishing, kayaking, hiking, clamming, wildlife activities, beachcombing and educational fieldtrips. If, like many generations before you dating back to the turn of the century, you have come to Dillon Beach or, dating back to 1957, you have enjoyed coming to Lawson’s Landing, please lend your support by calling or writing to the individuals listed below; and/or by attending the various upcoming public meetings with regard to the fate of Lawson’s Landing.

The Draft Environmental Impact Report will be discussed at the next meeting of the Marin County Planning Commission, which will be held on Monday, October 10, 2005, at 1 p.m. at the Marin Civic Center, 3501 Civic Center Drive, Room 328, San Rafael, California. Please attend this meeting and show your support for Lawson’s Landing.

Write or Call:

Steve Thompson, Chair
Marin County Planning Commission
3501 Civic Center Drive, Room 328
San Rafael, CA 94903
Tel.: (415) 499-7815
Carol Migden, Senator
455 Golden Gate Avenue
Suite 14800
San Francisco, CA 94102
Tel.: (415) 557-1300
Joe Nation, Assemblyman
3501 Civic Center Drive, Room 328
San Rafael, CA 94903
Tel.: (415) 479-4920
Meg Caldwell, Chair
California Coastal Commission
45 Fremont Street
Suite 200
San Francisco, CA 94105-2219
Tel.: (415) 904-5200

WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
Call or check our website for up to date information.
707-878-2443 www.lawsonslanding.com

Bassassin
09-28-2005, 08:03 AM
What a shock; the environazi's trying to screw the public out of another gem. >:( >:( >:(

I love that place. I'll put a letter in the mail tomorrow.

vito
09-28-2005, 09:14 AM
Ditto!

14_blast
09-28-2005, 11:14 AM
These environazis never cease to amaze me. Many of them believe in the theory of evolution, if that's the case, it's survival of the fittest...ya can't have it both ways. Heck, we're just one button away from being extinct, only cockroaches will be around.

Hmmm a spotted owl, kangaroo mouse, garter snakes, etc. can prevent people from earning an honest living. Sorry for digressing.

redherring
09-29-2005, 10:29 AM
I'm all for enviromental protection and the sort, But Geezzz to they really have to take away public access to such a great place??? I imagine that it would be in the best intrest for the enviromentalist that such places as these remain open so that the public and the younger generations can see and understand why such areas need to be cared for and protected. Just don't get it sometimes with these people.......

basil
09-29-2005, 12:33 PM
They aren't takeing away public access. The county wants to limit the scope of the campgrounds or limit the impact. They have gotten around the permit process for many years there and have essentially lived under the radar.

Imagine, having to put in sewers and bathrooms!!!?? Oh, my! They say they can't afford to do that unless the campground is huge, in fact the largest on the Coast! The owners are hick business people, they have been living on the income and haven't made any improvements to handle the load of people they get.

I've been down there, it has a certain charm, old beat up trailers, grassy areas to pitch your tent on after you cleaned up the cow ****. A boat launch, that is basically a gentle sandy beach into Tomales Bay. I think they they should start living up to building codes and sewer codes like everyone else.

Vance Staplin
09-29-2005, 06:46 PM
I have been going down there (Lawson's landing) for over thirty five years and I'm fourty four years old.

This family could have easily sold out to corporate developers long ago and still could. *If they had this land would easily be a golf course and condo's for people that have way more money than their current customers can afford. *Instead Lawson's have chose to work six days a week providing us the upportunity for easy access and affordable camping instead of selling off their land for easy money...BIG MONEY!! *If you knew them you could easily see that they do not live a lush life style.

I live in the Sacramento area and a blind man can see when developers want something passed they get it in time. *This land would have and still could developed in a way that none of us want to see. *The Lawson's are now being penalized for not selling to developers in their past. All it takes is money to develop anything at any time. *If anyone doesn't realize this they had better pinch themselves and wake up.

In a day of mowing down farmland and replacing it with houses it is very nice to have this place to get away from it all and go back in time. *

This is a private ranch/campground and if folks aren't happy with the facilities they should probably look into staying at the State ran campgrounds.

Vance

JasonB
09-29-2005, 06:49 PM
Hey those hick business people may be good friends of some of the Sniffers around here . ;)

65whaler
09-30-2005, 09:22 AM
in principal, i am for the environmental cause, but it seems more and more that the principles of the cause - the sierra club, green peace, pita, etc - are funded largely by those with major conflicts of interest. private and corporate wealth is now the staple of these organizations treasuries. the cause has digressed to a thinly veiled political agenda.

lawson's landing is one of the few places that regular folks can access the coast with their families. shame on them.