PDA

View Full Version : Schmucksbury 9/22

C-hawk
09-23-2005, 08:25 AM
Contrary to the report in the Fresno Bee on 9/21..."fishing can't get better, fish 15 - 20 pounds", and "limits are the norm", we (3) fished from first light to 11:30 for one 15# salmon and no other strikes on 9/22. A litle dissapointing after the 3 1/2 hour drive up there. We trolled the Duxbury Bouy and a mile or two north. Saw very few other fish caught. The exception being one pass by a party boat that had 3 or 4 on at the same time. There may have been more party boats and commercial trollers out there than private boats.

Two boats that we talked to that did have 2 fish each were using 2# release balls at about 28 pulls. We were using two downriggers with dogers and rsk's with anchovies at three different depths.

Who knows if the reports are an exageration or it was one of the vagaries of fishing (...should have been here yesterday!)

Fishquest
09-23-2005, 08:43 AM
Should have been there the day before. These reports are the totals from the same three party boats that fished Dux both days:
Tuesday 47 anglers had 65 salmon
Weds. 44 anglers had 32 salmon
Bodega was slower yesterday too.

Intimidator
09-23-2005, 02:24 PM
Bro of mine fished it yesterday for a fish a rod

JohnnieB
09-25-2005, 03:28 PM
when I was there it was Herring and a rsk with e-chip or apex w e-chip thats all they would hit...I dont know you make the call.. :-/