PDA

View Full Version : Bodega Salmon-Gone Again

Fishquest
09-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Well, they're not all gone...but they sure weren't biting like I'd hoped. Trolled in 175' off Bird from 7:30-11:30 for a pair of 16# hens. First one came while I was bringing a line up to check it (30-40'?) blue/silver apex, the other was 175' on the wire, chart. FBR. Shook a few here and there, but pretty slow overall. Sounded like more skunks than limits on the radio. Weather was nice all day, but the swell and the wind were building by late this afternoon.

Mickey_Thomas
09-22-2005, 06:59 PM
I guess they are waiting till I get back there ;) ;D Probably won't be till next week ::) thanks for the report, at least you took home some meat ;D

65whaler
09-22-2005, 07:55 PM
two hens doesn't sound so bad to me ... unless you had 4 people on your boat. ;)

the moon will be inking out making the mornig bite come alive - that is if this gale doesn't scatter everything. :-/

Fishquest
09-22-2005, 08:31 PM
I was solo, so a limit of nice fish is nothing to complain about. Just got a little spoiled over the past few weeks by more action and bigger fish.

I don't think I caught a single salmon in September out of Bodega last year or the year before, so it's all gravy at this point.

fishenrick
09-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Tony I saw your post last night but it was to late to see if you had found someone to go with you. I still almost drove down there today to give it a solo shot but hit the river instead, got skunked, it is funny how this year is going, you hardly ever catch salmon there in september and I never get skunked here in the valley on the Sacramento river in september but it makes two skunks in a couple of weeks, Bodega has me spoiled, I have made 9 trips to bodega and only one trip I never caught fish and that was last Saturday when a buddy and I were blown off and if it were not for the wind I am sure we would have got fish. It has been a crazy year. The next time you go solo and need a guest pm me, I have been solo a couple of times this year and it was a challenge in netting the salmon with long leaders, but if there is a will there is a way.

See ya on the waters.

Fishenrick

Mickey_Thomas
09-23-2005, 05:57 PM
Seems to be one good day and then a few "fair" days ??? If a fair day is one fish per rod I'll take that ;) I just love being out there 8) long range weather and wind report sure looks good for Tues and Weds ;D If it holds I just might have to go :D
.TUE...NW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 2 FT. MIXED SWELL NW 3 TO 5 FT AND S 2 TO 3 FT. .WED...NW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 2 FT. NW SWELL 2 TO 4 FT.

CORN
09-23-2005, 06:00 PM
So, is it over? Do I switch the gas kicker with a Minn Kota and start going for black bass again??

Mickey_Thomas
09-23-2005, 06:56 PM
In the words of John Bulishi, "It's never over till I say it's over" ;D ;D ;D