PDA

View Full Version : Blowdega really redifines

gloomis
09-17-2005, 05:28 PM
Hey,
we went to bodega expecting the salmon bite to still be on, but the bite turned off the day before we got there.
we got there in the morning and went out, as soon as we got out of the bay (we were the first one out) we started trolling. nothing for about an hour, then we started to catch a friend i like to call a buffalo(big breaking roller). it started to get windy, and then rollers and chop started to come from just about every direction. about an hour after the weather got bad, we started to take water over the bow from some HUGE breaking rollers :-/ :-/. so, we decided to head in, on the way in it took us about an hour and a half. we told people to just turn around but they had to see for themselves. we got to the launch, pulled out, and then we saw a line of about 30 boats coming back in. all in all, in a short summary, bodega was crap. some got some fish at bird and 10 mile, but no dice for us.
Good luck,

HUND
09-17-2005, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the report. Sounds hairy :-X

Same for tomorrow ??
I have the boat gased up and ready to go .....

What about out the gate ???

Ron

triggerfish
09-17-2005, 05:59 PM
Lommis was right.It sucked no fish. we decided to stick it out and troll for halibut. not one bite. Make sure your safty gear is up to date,and you carry your regestration,the coast gaurd was boarding everyone today.

gloomis
09-17-2005, 06:44 PM
we went to the gate after to see and it was worse, te fish were there but the weather was worse, if you want fish and are willing to drive head up to brag or shelter cove, soory, but i bet it will be the same tommorrow.
good luck

HUND
09-17-2005, 06:58 PM
Thanks I think I'll opt for Knights landing ....

Save the chumm for some other time ::)

fishenrick
09-18-2005, 01:25 AM
We were lucky, the coast guard stopped the boat ahead of us on the way out this morning and on the way back in they got the boat ahead of us,not that it matters but just time consuming.
It was definitly nasty out there today, hopefully the weather will be good next week and some more fish move in.

Fishenrick

gloomis
09-18-2005, 06:25 AM
i saw that, what boat were you in, did you catch anyhing?

Snappy_McBite
09-18-2005, 07:15 AM
The wind is supposed to start laying down on monday. I am going to try to get out. Anyone else thinking of going this monday??

Fishquest
09-18-2005, 04:12 PM
I may go Tuesday if you post a real good report tomorrow ;D. Good luck if you go Brian.

Mickey_Thomas
09-18-2005, 05:03 PM
.TUE THROUGH WED...NW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT. MIXED SWELL NW 5 TO 7 FT AT 7 SECONDS AND S 3 FT AT 15 SECONDS. PATCHY NIGHT AND MORNING FOG.

Looks even better Tue and Weds ;D ;D If you catch some fish Snappy, ;) I'll be running down there I'm sure, I just can't help myself ;D

HUND
09-18-2005, 06:56 PM
Did anyone go out today ? Was it all that bad ?
Knights Landing was a BUST !