PDA

View Full Version : Bodega 12th, 13th, 14th

Mickey_Thomas
09-15-2005, 06:23 AM
Well the weather finally let us fish so Hammer and I headed to Bodega Mon. afternoon, got down toward bird rock around 2:30-3:00pm. Fished for a couple of hours and Hammer landed a 12 pounder. Got a call from Krzy and Sunracer and they were at the campsite so we headed in for a big sit down dinner ;D Got up Tues. and headed out in the dark toward 10 mile, First one was caught by Hammer on a watermelon sting king.(16lbs) I think Sunracer caught the next one (20lbs) and then I hooked a big one and it was a personnel best at 32lbs. That left Krzy as the only one without a fish ;D sure glad we had cheese to go with all the wining that went on ;) Finally Krzy put a 20 pounder in the boat, then we "let" him catch our last one at 18lbs. Great Tues trip with fellow sniffers. Hammer and I had a ice chest full of Salmon so we decided to head to Fort Ross Wed morning for some Rocky's. We limited out by about 11:00am and headed back. The biggest was a Ling at about 8lbs, I caught two fat Vermilion about 4-6lbs, and after cleaning them we had 2 huge bags of Rock Fish for the cooler. Coming back was a bit hairy, almost ran out of gas ??? ??? ??? We were going to fish the afternoon for a couple of more Salmon but with the gas scare we just pulled out the boat and headed to Will Fish Tackle to check on our scheduled Tuna trip. Tuna trip was canceled so we left and headed home. Great time, saw stars on the water (couldn't hear what the guy said his name was, sorry) When you add in all the shakers we caught we had plenty of action and even had a double hook up but only got one in the net. I think Hammer netted all the fish except for his and he netted everyone in the first scoop, good job Hammer ;D time to break out the shrink wrap ;D ;D

krzyfshrmn
09-15-2005, 06:42 AM
Good report Mickey.....except the gas part. That's just down right scary.

sunracer1957
09-15-2005, 07:03 AM
Mickey , Hammer, Krzy

Thanks guys for the great time and I'm ready to go again,, can we go now??

Hammer super net action and you can be my net man anytime,, Krzy you don't need rocks!!

Mickey another very fine trip and next time I get the
30lb er ::)

Mickey_Thomas
09-15-2005, 07:13 AM
It was a fun time for sure ;D Hammer got to break in his new rod with 2 salmon and I got to land another 30+ pounder with my Vances heavy rod. That rod is my "good luck rock" ;) ;D For a while we were wondering if Krzy was nothing without his rock ::) but he came through in the end ;) Hey, you guys still owe me 2 dollars each for first fish and biggest fish, ;D ;D ;D ;D

krzyfshrmn
09-15-2005, 07:15 AM
I figured I'd pay you on the next trip ::) ::) ::)

sunracer1957
09-15-2005, 07:16 AM
Yea what Krzy said!!!!! can we go now??

What was really nice about the trip was everyone on the boat working as a team, it makes it so much better when someone can drive, someone clears rods, someone nets.. I think it makes your fish in the boat ratio much better,, great job guys

fishenrick
09-15-2005, 08:03 AM
Hey guys sounds like a great trip, the guy you could not hear was me,at that time you had three on the boat and we had none, we finally boated two, lost two and several scratched baits.
It was nice to see some fellow sniffers on the water, I am sure we will meet again out on the water.

Fishenrick

Mickey_Thomas
09-15-2005, 08:28 AM
Nice to almost meet you Fishenrick ;D I thought you were trying to get away from us, everytime I tried to get the boat close to you for a chat you went the other way ;D ;D I didn't see a radio so I didn't call you, we'll do better next time ;)

THE_TROUTKING
09-15-2005, 05:56 PM
Hey bodega sniffers lol im glad you guys had a good trip
I was out monday too ;D ;D.And I was listen for mickey ;D.
But I got my limit by 10:30 and lost a nice one around the prop,that was the fist and I landed the next too< :o>.so I was out of there early,and mised you. :(

Today was tough out there fished from 8:00 till 4:00
three dinks and some missed fish my friend frank missed
three soild hits.and with some rock fish and called it a day,but it was better then working ;D ;D.

Brian

Mickey_Thomas
09-15-2005, 07:09 PM
Brian, what did you hear on the radios today? Seems like it slowed down a bit ??? Hey Sunracer, where's the pictures?

drstressor
09-15-2005, 07:21 PM
When are you going to post your pictures Mick? Now that you know how. ;D

PlugROCKSTAR
09-15-2005, 07:27 PM
here's a picture of a PIG. i meant the fish not Mickey ;D
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/916steelhead/BodegaBay9-12-05021.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/916steelhead/BodegaBay9-12-05026.jpg

Hammer Time.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/916steelhead/BodegaBay9-12-05028.jpg

the Best Fisherman with or without the Lucky Rock. *Wish i had some of that fresh Salmon
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/916steelhead/BodegaBay9-12-05023.jpg

sunracer being coached by Mickey on how to take fish photos. :o
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/916steelhead/BodegaBay9-12-05022.jpg

The Gang with their Catch of the Day. *"notice how krzy has 2 fish and the rest with just one ;D
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/916steelhead/BodegaBay9-12-05025.jpg

ghostfish_slayer
09-15-2005, 09:52 PM
nice jod on the fish, photos and ripping the gills.

Mickey_Thomas
09-16-2005, 06:17 AM
Thanks Carlo for posting those, I can do it when they are on line somewhere. Krzy has two because I let him net his fish first when we had a double on ;) that's the kind of guy I am ;D The great part of the day was that we all caught fish, we had a bunch of Folsom Kings too (shakers) ;D Oh, did you notice that my "one" fish is twice as big as any of theirs? ;D ;D ;D ;D Did Sunracer tell you he dreamed that we had a double hook up? Dreaming about fishing?, I think he's hooked 8)

PlugROCKSTAR
09-16-2005, 06:45 AM
Thanks Carlo for posting those, I can do it when they are on line somewhere. Krzy has two because I let him net his fish first when we had a double on ;) that's the kind of guy I am ;D The great part of the day was that we all caught fish, we had a bunch of Folsom Kings too (shakers) ;D Oh, did you notice that my "one" fish is twice as big as any of theirs? ;D ;D ;D ;D Did Sunracer tell you he dreamed that we had a double hook up? Dreaming about fishing?, I think he's hooked 8)

yeah no prblem Mickey. yeah he told me bout' everything. when are you gonna teach me how to fish ;)

Rusty_Hooks
09-16-2005, 06:52 AM
Nice job guys.....

Now you have to eat all that stuff ;) ;D ;D ::)

PlugROCKSTAR
09-16-2005, 06:55 AM
Nice job guys.....

Now you have to eat all that stuff ;) ;D ;D ::)

i don't even get a nice fillet for posting pics. they use and abuse me :-[ :'(

Mickey_Thomas
09-16-2005, 07:01 AM
As long as they don't put you away wet ;D ;D I guess you'll have to make the next trip with us Carlo. I forgot to tell you, Sunracer was schooled by me as to how to pose for a picture ;D ;D ;D he's a fast learner ;)

krzyfshrmn
09-16-2005, 07:06 AM
Just remember Mickey, the sooner we get out fishing again, the sooner you'll be $2 richer ;D

Farrier_Frank
09-16-2005, 07:12 AM
WOW! Great pictures. I'm jealous. Maybe I should hang out at Bodega with my thumb out. ;)

sunracer1957
09-16-2005, 07:25 AM
What krzy said

Mickey_Thomas
09-16-2005, 07:47 AM
Here's how it works Frank, we plan a trip, pick a date, and it gets blown out ??? then we go as soon as we can the next time the water lays down ;) you have to be a little flexible ;D one thing you can count on, I'll be going again as soon as I can 8)

HAMMER_1
09-16-2005, 07:59 AM
What a crew great time great fun *GREAT FISHING *;D Thanks again mickey You fish hog *:P Thanks for posting 916steelhead

sunracer1957
09-16-2005, 08:04 AM
Hammer and Mickey you guys sure know how to show a guy a good time!!!

Way to go on that net action Hammer you da man!!!

And 916 I have a couple of pieces of fish for you buddy, I think theres some Cod left too, and don't forget the Wam Chops,, we do appreciate you posting for us.. ;)

Rusty_Hooks
09-16-2005, 08:11 AM
flexable eh....

chicken. chicken, or maybe...........chicken ;D ;D

at the ready ;) ::)

THE_TROUTKING
09-16-2005, 08:53 AM
Yes mickey it did SLOW down out there there was no fish
caught at abbits there was a early bit at the mounth
of tomalas 13.1.gps, and of bird rock.
But I ran by them and headed to abbits
that was the wrong ::).They where fishing in 200 ft of water some fish came on 110 on the wire,One party boat
the new sea angler pick up 30 fish first thing in the and the it slowed down all day.There was alot of dinks caught.
I think the average was a fish per pole if that.

Brian

Mickey_Thomas
09-16-2005, 09:34 AM
I could tell it was slowing down Tues when we were there, that's why Hammer and I went Rock fishing Weds. I talked to two of the party boat captains at Will Fish Tackle, I think there names were Dave and Bob and they said the same thing. Lots of dinks, maybe there will be another wave of big ones next week ;) If so I'll be there ;D

PlugROCKSTAR
09-16-2005, 10:44 AM
As long as they don't put you away wet ;D ;D I guess you'll have to make the next trip with us Carlo. I forgot to tell you, Sunracer was schooled by me as to how to pose for a picture ;D ;D ;D he's a fast learner ;)

please let me know next time. I wanna fish with the old guys ;D too ;D ;D good job on Schooling sunracer Mickey. ;D

Mickey_Thomas
09-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Us old guys still have a fish or two left in us. :P

PlugROCKSTAR
09-16-2005, 10:56 AM
Us old guys still have a fish or two left in us. :P

yeah i can see that. wait i take back the "old" part. krzy is not old sunracer is ;D

Mickey_Thomas
09-16-2005, 01:48 PM
Krzy just looks old ;D ;D ;D

PlugROCKSTAR
09-16-2005, 04:55 PM
Krzy just looks old ;D ;D ;D

ouch :o ;D