PDA

View Full Version : Marin coast

fishermen_chris
09-13-2005, 06:34 PM
Went out on the new seeker today with my friend Gerry, it wasn't a off the hook day but 18 fish for 17 anglers. Both my friend and I both had 2 nice fish and lost 2 more appiece so it was a pretty good day. The weather was awsome no wind and no swells. ;D Which meant no chumming for anyone.

Well back to the Feather on friday

tight lines

chris

just_kidding
09-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Hey Fisherman_Chris where were you and your buddy on the boat? I swear the back right corner always out fish's the rest of the boat. I don't party boat a lot but when I do i always get there way to early just to get the back right. Just a thought. Maybe there is a theory to it all??? Good job on the fish.

CORN
09-13-2005, 08:44 PM
I've only been skunked twice fishing on a PB for salmon ... both times on the back right corner! Doh! Maybe it was just my bad luck. Once mooching and the other trolling. When mooching, I don't think position matters much. When trolling, maybe the corners and up to the sides are best. The few times trolling, the back didn't seem to catch as much as the sides. Both days were slow days too, getting approx a fish per rod.

fishkiller
09-14-2005, 04:40 AM
8)salmon on party boats back of boat when trolling is best at the back corners and mooching the best is the bow. 8)

Collegebound
09-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Mooching is best whereever the baitfinder is mounted. that way you know you are in bait. trolling really varies. Is capt harry still doing mooching trips?
Mike

fishermen_chris
09-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Harry and his pooch Ralph.
We were up towards the bow where all the fish seemed to come from ;D