PDA

View Full Version : Bodega Bay Report for 9/3&5/05

wolff
09-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Fish down at ten mile Saturday and Today, caught limits of Salmon both days. All Salmon were quality fish 25 to 30 pounds on Saturday and 25 to 42 pounds today. What a fantastic weekend. 16 Salmon total for the 4 of us.

Rusty_Hooks
09-06-2005, 06:34 AM
Oh...you are making my day!! ;D ;D ;D

Great report!!....how deep ???...They've been holding at 50-70 right there lately..

Hog heaven ;) :o......42.....WOW

Nice fish :o

Welcome to the boards wolff ;)

Mickey_Thomas
09-06-2005, 06:57 AM
Made my day too ;D a bunch of us Sniffer's will be there next Saturday ;D ;D welcome to the boards, what took you so long? ;D now show us a picture of that 42 pounder ;)

65whaler
09-06-2005, 09:07 AM
i took my 5 year old halibut fishing yesterday/labor day inside tomales bay. i could hear sporadic radio chatter from the other side of the tomales peninsula - sounded like more of the same. capt. dave on the payback already had 7 smokers for his six pack by 9:30. rick on the new sea angler was down there too doing very well, but i didn't hear his numbers. most other radios were too scratchy for me to decipher, but i could hear everyone north of the point trying to decide if they wanted to make that five mile trek south to the bodega bay area's hot spot.

don't get me wrong, i love halibut fishing, and love fishing with my son - just don't feel comfortable taking him out on the big green/blue just yet, but i was chomping at the bit to pick up and run outside.

Rusty_Hooks
09-06-2005, 09:22 AM
And the tension continues to build..... :o ::) ;D

Thanks for that 65...My first time out was at 7....I'll never forget it....discretion...and the strength to hold on ;)

65whaler
09-06-2005, 11:06 AM
if i had a 19' boat we'd be gone. our 17' is as bareback as it gets, and when the weather picks up you got to hunker down for the sea moguls beating. he's a tough little dude and he's killing the jack smelt with his six hook hamachi flly rigs. he'll sit out on tomales bay as long as the fish are biting. we were out there one day for four hours. he cried when i started to motor home as it got dark. no logical explaination would do. he was hooked. we've got good times ahead i can tell ... he'll catch all the big ones while i do dink dudty. ))) and that'll be fine with me - i've had my day.

CORN
09-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Nice job wolff! That's a lot of meat.

17' is still bigger than my 15' ;) I wanted to go badly this past weekend, but the wind and swells were too much for my boat.

gone fishin
09-07-2005, 10:24 PM
WOW... ;D ;D

I haven't been out for three weeks and I'm chomping at the bit...Now the weather isn't coroperating... :'( :'(

Hey 65...You sound like my Dad and myself when I was younger. I would have fished everyday and all day if I could have....

Good luck guys... ;D ;D