PDA

View Full Version : Nets flying

JohnnieB
09-04-2005, 06:44 AM
Thanks to the guys that put a word in "help in Berkeley" I had no idea how long it would take to get out of the gates in the the boat I was in{a 21'jetcraft} the conditions were not really that bad, but we sure got beat up.Anyway we headed up the Marin coast and after we just could not handle it any more we stopped and started trolling.We simply could not keep up with the fleet.As I scanned the vhf I could here {nets flying}we decided just to stay put and fish instead of more boat pounding,It took a while but we ended up with two beauties and headed back about 4:00,it took 1.5 hrs to get back to the marina and the plot charter said 22 miles from where we stopped fishing.After checking with the party boat and other anglers who both said the bite was terrific at Duxbury and many limits were takin.My question is..how far was I from Duxbury ??? ???I was fishing 60-70'of water using hearing and watermelon apex lures both of which picked up fish.total of 6 take downs and two landed.I could not take that pounding again so we decided to head back home.Wow what a time

MoMoney
09-04-2005, 06:48 AM
You were probably with in a mile or 2 of duxbury.

Collegebound
09-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Good job. tommorrow morning ill be there. man im prolly not sleeping tonight ;D
Mike

JohnnieB
09-04-2005, 11:49 AM
Is there any boat ramps north of the gates? It sure would be easier to get to Duxbury without the ride through the bay.Or what is that marina I see on the north side of the bay closer to the open water as I came in??

65whaler
09-04-2005, 01:26 PM
it is possible to launch from bolinas - which is a very smooth short ride to duxbury - that is if you're a talented skipper who is brave and foolish enough to navigate through the breakers and handle the tidal current that let into the bolinas/stinson lagoon. i see lots of boats do it though - mostly boston whalers. 17-24' type boats. the breakers at bolinas are very gentle and once you're past them, it's flat water to the buoy which you can see from shore.

Redwine
09-05-2005, 07:52 AM
65whaler,

Is there a launch ramp at bolinas?

I just looked at some aerial photos and didn't see one.

Redwine