PDA

View Full Version : Albion/Elk 8-20/8-21

misfits
08-22-2005, 08:49 AM
Started out of Albion sat 8-20 at 11:00am went out to 350 feet of water and dropped in the dodgers and hoochies down to 60 and 75 feet bang right off shaker that was released. Trolled for a while longer and then it happened fish after fish. Limited out to twenty pounds six fish released a bunch of others and lost one watermelon apex and a nice fish to a fur bag. Then we went down south to the town of Elk to get some big red fish and boy did we had half our limits. Went in got some sleep went back out on sunday and finished it off. Big Vermillion and big lings for three of us. Saw lots of surface bait lots of furbags and even some whales. Great trip all in all.
Gary and Chris

nogimmies
08-22-2005, 09:00 AM
Misfits,
Where do you stay at Albion?
Hows the launch at Albion?
What size boats could launch there?
Is Gas available or should you bring your own?

I was up at Ft Bragg and we Knocked them dead there.
Always wanted to fish there but haven't as of yet.
nogimmies

Grady208
08-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Eric i stayed at albion campgounds years ago,they have boat slips as well as 2 ramps so to speak ! Need 4 wheel drive on one i thinkbut both are use able!nice job in Fort Bragg Ken Albion River -- Campgrounds / RV Park
Albion Flats, Albion, CA (707) 937-0606

fathom
08-22-2005, 06:56 PM
Great place to go, But if you have a boat of any size don't go in or out on a minus tide. But if you are not haveing big low tides it is a great place to go out. So I would look at the tide book good before and then go down to the mouth at low tide to see how the channle goes so you don't drag or break your prop. Oh and it's also very good AB diveing all up and down the coast from there!