PDA

View Full Version : 10 mile (Bodega).  A true fish story and repo

Go_Fish
08-20-2005, 06:25 PM
We ended up with 3 fish; 18#, 21# and 26#. We were using a green dodger flasher with clear RSK with a green eye. This pole was the hot one. About 1/4 mile south of Kehoe in 60ft of water.

The fish story:
My friend, Chris, yelled fish on!!! I through the boat in neutral and had my girl friend, Elizebeth, grab one rod and reel it in while I grabed the other. When I grabbed the other rod Chris said you and I are hung up together. So we both stared reeling in and had Elizabeth grab the net, when I noticed my line was going to the right and Chris's was going left. Double hook up!!!
My fish made about a 30 yard run, while Chris got his 21#er in the boat. When my fish got to the boat it went under and started to the motor, so I buried my rod in the water, to no avail. The line snapped on my prop. I was pissed :-X. Chris then said hey is that your flasher on the other side of the boat?
What happen was, is the fish was beat and was about 2 feet under water on the other side of the boat. I tried to grab the flasher when it jetted away and snagged the hook of the RSK on the other rod we had reeled up. I got the fish and the $20 set up in his mouth (26#). One in a million chance ;D.

Supperman
08-20-2005, 09:39 PM
Way to go!!
I wish I had been there to cheer!

I am thinking of going out tomorrow but the buoy report does not look good for Bodega...opinions?

Fish On!

65whaler
08-21-2005, 01:15 PM
i actually was there, i was chasing a boiling bait ball and crossed paths with them just as they hooked up. i circled their double hookup like the vulture i am. could not believe my eyes. go fish went from very happy to very sad and back to very happy like a bipolar fish monger. turned out to be a very nice couple of fish :)

sunracer1957
08-22-2005, 09:45 AM
Was that 20 dollar set up a new Green Seps with a green RSK? I lost a fish down there Friday morn and he got my whole set up!!! so if its the same I want my set up back and my fish :o

CORN
08-22-2005, 10:29 AM
Go Fish,

Way to go! ;D You've got good Karma. Glad you got your gear & fish back. Awesome box of fish too.