PDA

View Full Version : Kehoe 8/14...More Hogs Slaughtered

Fishquest
08-14-2005, 02:24 PM
Thanks to 65whalers post from yesterday, a buddy and I headed down to 10 Mile and had lines in the water before 7am this morning. Trolled Kehoe and the northern end of the beach in 40-60' of water. Massive baitballs, but action was a little slow. Dropped our first hookup (20#+) a little shy of the net. Then picked away at them until finishing just before noon. Averaged one keeper and one shaker or scratched bait about every 75 minutes, but the quality was excellent. Smallest fish went 18# gutted, the other 3 were in the mid 20s. Two came on a Chartreuse FBR and two on the infamous Mexican Wrestler. Big kudos to my buddy for showing up with awesome Keester bait from OPS. What a difference! Also heard reports on tuna being caught 35 miles out today ;D ;D ;D. Now to decide what to do tomorrow ???.

65whaler
08-14-2005, 10:11 PM
oh to get out monday - the weather is supposed to be "pond like". with all us weekenders off the water those hogs will have somebody's undivided attention. i pray they hold one more week - i'm taking a four day weekend next week to soak in it. fish on.
/derek

Fishquest
08-15-2005, 05:58 AM
I was beat and didn't feel like making the quick turn-around; Plus it looks like the weather's going to hold for another day, so I decided to head back on Tuesday. Anyone else going to be there?

THE_TROUTKING
08-15-2005, 08:18 AM
Yes my roomate will be out in hes 19ft apex montering channel 77. ;D

Brian

gone fishin
08-15-2005, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the report Fishquest

Tis the season, The big kings are running almost a month behind from last year. Way to go on your big score... ;D ;D

Where is OPS??? Is it on the way to Bodega... ???

We are heading out Thurs. and Fri. Will give a report Fri. night on the action.

Good luck...

seaduck
08-15-2005, 06:18 PM
was also out with the fleet sunday. got down to Kehoe about 8:30 droped the down rigger then after about 15 mins caught bottom and before i knew what happened snap. rerigged then about 20 minutes later fish on but came unhooked just saw the tail and it looked big then landed 3 shakers that went back one jumped about 4ft in the air as it wnet from one side to the other right behind the boat, then lost another big one then finaly able to put one in the boat about 20lbs. I would not say it was hot but looked like a good number of fish being landed and a lot more being lost according to the radio fish up to 40lbs were being put in the box. seemed like the bite was done by noon

Fishquest
08-15-2005, 06:33 PM
Gone Fishin, OPS (Outdoor Pro Shop) has locations in Oakland right off 880, and one in Rohnert Park. They're big shops, exclusively fishing tackle, easy places to blow lots of money ;D. I went today and got a dozen trays ($5 ea). Keester's bait is local and really preserved well. I was really sick of the crummy stuff that I'd been getting elsewhere-mushy and blown-out bellies shortly after thawing >:(.

Snappy_McBite
08-15-2005, 09:02 PM
I stopped at wills this morning and bonnie has the nice upqua bait again. niceley vaccumn pakced and ready to fish. they stay together. The only thing is that it didnt help me catch fish any better. I lost one 15# and caught one 17#, actually trolled and caught a 25" ling on a fbr with green daisy chain??? this was all from elephant to south of kehoe.

Fishquest
08-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Snappy, those troll-caught lings are always a nice bonus. Caught one 35" last year up at Jenner, and a couple in the high 20s this year at Elephant and Pt. Reyes. I caught 3 of our 4 fish Sunday right on the bottom. I like to have the chance to pick up a ling or a 'but, so I always keep at least one line almost dragging bottom.