PDA

View Full Version : FISHIN' THE ROUGE

BOYZNUS
08-08-2005, 06:57 AM
;D FINALLY.. GETTING AWAY FROM THE NORTH EASTERN CALIF HEAT AND HEADING TO GOLD BEACH, OREGON TO SEE HOW MANY BIG OL' SALMON WE WE CAN GET TO JUMP INTO THE BOAT. RUMOR HAS IT THAT THEY ARE HOOKIN 'EM ON ANCHOVIES. WOULD THIS BE THE FAMOUS ROUGE RIVER RIG?? ANY INFO ON WHAT WORKS UP THERE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. HAPPY HOOKIN'.

reeltor
08-08-2005, 10:40 AM
I'm heading up to Gold Beach in about 10 days - leave a few fish for me! Try Rogue Outdoors right on the highway before you cross the river - they have everything you need (except I hear anchovies are hard to come by up there right now). Good luck!

fishermen_chris
08-08-2005, 06:29 PM
I wish you the best of luck, but unfortunetly the fish just are not there. If you go out with someone who knows the river I.E. a local guide you might scrape a fish or two in a day. My mom lives in gold beach and her boyfriend has been giving me the updates. I am supposed to go up on the 17th to do some fishing, hopefully they'll be in by then ???
Fish hard and good luck.

BigRichClovis
08-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Good Luck. Iwas there July 17-24. Zero Salmon. I did take my boat out and did some good bottom fishing. Five Star Charters keeps an updated fishing report on their site. I have been fishing the Rouge for a long time. All my family on my mom's side lives up there so I try to go at least once a year. This year is a late run. Last year was amazing. I hooked 6 fish landed 2 just under 30 and my cousin landed 55lb plus. Stop in at the Rouge Outdoor Store and Jim will set you up. Good Luck and let us know how you did. For your info, bottom fishing limit was reduced from 10 to 5. Lings are still 2, they must be over 24 inches. You must troll with a Rouge River rig.

BOYZNUS
08-11-2005, 07:06 PM
:( WELL, GOT BACK YESTERDAY. FISHED TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY. ALOT OF BOATS OUT, SAW 6 NICE FISH GET BROUGHT IN ON TUESDAY, AND 2 ON WEDNESDAY. UNFORTUNATLY,, NOTHING BROUGHT IN OR EVEN HOOKED ON MY BOAT. WILL BE GOING BACK UP NEXT MONTH AND GIVE 'ER HELL AGAIN. AND FIY,, ROUGE OUTDOORS HAS LOTS OF ANCHOVIES RIGHT NOW. BUT OUT OF #6 GOLD PRE-MADE RIGS. BUT SEEMS EVERY ONE IS USING GREEN ON GREEN. WELL, KEEP THEM LINES WET AND WE'LL SEE YA OUT THERE.