PDA

View Full Version : Fort Bragg Red Hot!

Troutdraggin
08-06-2005, 09:56 AM
Just returned from Fort Bragg from two days of fishing for salmon. We limited within 45 minutes to 1 hour both days. Fishing was great, and about as good as it gets! We were fishing straight out from 300 to 360 feet of water, with down riggers set from 30 to 65 feet. Most action was at the deeper settings but we didn't have lines in the water that long before we were done. Water temp was 53 degrees. Water conditions were almost perfect. Everyone we saw were catching fish. Not sure if it mattered what you dropped down, but we were using dodgers with hoochies/anchovies. Fish were in the 20 lb range. Some larger and a little smaller. Not as many silvers showing as before. Fish and Game at the dock said just about eveyone coming in were limiting. So, head to Fort Bragg while the bit is hot!... ;)

14_blast
08-06-2005, 01:10 PM
I'd love to go, but that's a long way to drive from the Bay Area and to get back to work at 6AM Monday morning.

Awesome report!!!

AllFishNoWork
08-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Glad to hear of the good time!
We are going up in 2 weeks, hope it is still on.

lundo
08-07-2005, 10:27 PM
I went up there about a week ago and we caught 3 kings and 7 silvers while fishing for 2 hrs. I'm glad to see that it is still hot fishing up there.

Redwine
08-08-2005, 09:32 AM
Nogimmies and I are heading up to Fort Bragg, today, for two days of fishing.
Will report how we did on our return.

Redwine

Troutdraggin
08-08-2005, 09:48 AM
It can be real good but this time of year the bite can turn off quickly as fish move through. There was a lot of bait showing too, so maybe they'll stick around. Good luck! Look forward to the report. Sounds like it was great fishing over the weekend too.

AllFishNoWork
08-08-2005, 11:26 AM
We'll actually be on a rock cod charter, but last time(about 3 weeks ago) on the same charter the boat brought in 5 salmon too, all were undersize tho. The boat uses barbless hooks so if we do catch any keepers we can have em.