PDA

View Full Version : August 5th 2005

14_blast
08-05-2005, 08:46 PM
My friend and I went out the gate in each of our boats, 21 Striper and BW Montauk, repsectively. We started out at the light bucket, no one was swinging their nets after about 30 minutes so we left for Dux. Once we got to Dux, we separated. I found a ball of bait and I called my friend over. My friend in the boat with me hooks up and lands the salmon. It was a 24"...not too big, but hey, it got the skunk off my boat. I thought it was going to be wide open, but it didn't turn out that way for us. I had one, but it came unbuttoned. My friend in the other boat ended up with 4 (30 punder, 24", Silver shaker, and a chinook shaker). I don't think trolling was as effective as mooching today. I saw the party boats swinging their nets...I don't know what their final count was, but it must've been good. We tried to mooch for an hour with no luck. My friend wanted to go for rocks, I was going to follow, but my friend on my boat had to go home...he had a prior engagement..... I did hook up with my friend that went for the rocks, later on in the afternoon and boy, he did share the wealth.

40'
blue FBR, modified (shortened the plastic sleeve, and added a 2nd hook, like the kokanee setups)
Overcast day, calm. Pockets of baitballs.

CORN
08-06-2005, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the detailed report. Good to have friends with fish out there ;D I'm itchin to head out, but the reports keep coming in at 1/2 to 1 fish per rod.