PDA

View Full Version : Bodega Report Aug. 4?????

Fish King
08-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Did anybody go out salmon fishing today out of Bodega Bay? I will be going out tomorrow and would like to know where the best salmon bite is at. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Snappy_McBite
08-04-2005, 07:57 PM
i went out today with a friend and we went north to ft ross for rockfish. we ended with 2 lings 1 nice one 22lbs and 2 cabezone, and 4 nice vermillions. i heard and saw a few guys do good on the north side of 10mile inclose mooching. i tried salmon for an hour near the russian river and had no bites.

fishenrick
08-04-2005, 08:19 PM
Few guys did ok down by ten mile trolling, we went out to 17/12 for nothing and then trolled a couple of miles west of the head landing 3 , shaker, one 20 inches and one 20 pounder, pretty slow for us but happy to come home with a 20 pounder, but heard a few were being caught down by key hole, real spotty right now but tommorrow may be a different day.

Fishenrick

Fish King
08-04-2005, 09:54 PM
Hey thanks for the reports guys. I will probably start out down at the north end of Ten Mile in about 40-50 feet of water. Has there been a lot of bait down there? I might mooch if there has been. The back up plan is to try and get some halibut or go to Point Reyes or north of Fort Ross for some rockfish. I'll post how I did when I get back home tomorrow. :)