PDA

View Full Version : A Boy's first salmon

gonefishing
07-18-2005, 10:28 AM
I took my son out on a charter salmon trip for his first time on the ocean. *After being a little tenative at the rail,(leaning on the rail for the first time with the boat going up and down can be a little scarry), he settled in. *His scores were 2 keepers and 8 shakers. *He had a blast ;D. I was very proud. *Of course he out fished me, which is just fine with me :). *Any way we were fishing at the channel bouys, alot of small fish were caught shallow and some slugs down deeper, about 60 ft. *The boat limited by 1:30 so it was a great day!! *Another Salmon fisherman is born :D :D ;D
gon_troln

Mickey_Thomas
07-18-2005, 02:54 PM
Great post hone_trolln, we all love to hear when the kids catch fish, heck he even did better than just catch fish, he killed them ;D ;D Very cool to limit out the first time out...give him a "way to go" from me 8)

Team_Sheryl_Lee
07-19-2005, 07:17 PM
just gotta luv it
way to go

TSL

MB_Kevin
07-22-2005, 11:30 PM
sounds great. How old is he I want to take my daughter but she is only just going to be 7. I dont think she could handle a salmon. but would be fun anyways. ;)

Fishbutt21
07-23-2005, 03:10 AM
great job on getting your son out fishing and helping him with his first salmon ;D I think I had all three of my kids out on the ocean by the time they were about 5. Even if they could not fight the fish all by them selves it was still a great memory for them to be out fishing. lucky for me my oldest daughter is 12 and my youngest daughter is 6 with my son that is 11 they all love to fish

fishguts
07-23-2005, 01:26 PM
There is nothing like the smile of your child when he/she catches fish. Especially when its bigger than yours. LOL.
Joe P.

Rusty_Hooks
07-24-2005, 06:41 PM
Think about putting together some pics and comments from him in a scrapbook.....Really big deal!!

My first time out of princeton harbor at 7 in 1952

I'll never forget it!!...

sometimes I wish I could forget some of it ....:P ;D ;D

Always great to hear about a youngster goin fishin ;)

gonefishing
07-25-2005, 08:49 AM
Thanks everyone, my son is enjoying the attention. Rusty, thats a good idea. I do have a scrap book already started with his first....everything. He really likes to remind me he out fishes me most of the time! lol.
GT

MB_Kevin
07-25-2005, 09:20 PM
http://www.storestoshop.com/Leases/S555/TPixProd68.jpeg