PDA

View Full Version : Bodega Bay Thursday 7/21

Fish King
07-21-2005, 10:58 PM
I went out of Bodega today and headed south towards Ten Mile beach. The bite was pretty dang slow today down there. I caught about 6 shakers, lost about a 25 pounder, and caught two nice 12 pounders. My buddy also caught his two fish and they were 15# and 17#. Another guy that was with us also got one that was 13#. Tried to get our last salmon but just couldn't get it done. There was no bait down on the beach in the morning but then in the afternoon it was everywhere. Really strange....probably has something to do with the tides. Looks like the weather is going to get nasty again this weekend but then settle down by Tuesday. The bite will be WFO pretty soon. :)

Mickey_Thomas
07-22-2005, 04:31 AM
Lets see, lost a 25, caught 2-12's, a 15, a 17, and and 13 ??? plus lots of shakers, doesn't seem slow to me ;) what was the hot set up? and how deep were the fish?

Snappy_McBite
07-22-2005, 06:03 AM
Mickey,

your right. I went out on monday and went to the river, not even a scratch of salmon up there. That is what you call slow!!!

65whaler
07-22-2005, 08:48 AM
i fished sunday with marginal success down near elephant. i heard monday that the bite was wide open. can only hope the weather and bit align on the weekends for the rest of the summer - i'm landlocked on weekdays - drooling over the flat green water i'm seeing every morning off ocean beach as i drive east. :(

Fish King
07-22-2005, 09:51 AM
We were fishing in 40-50 feet of water off of Ten Mile. Chartruse rotaries with sardines and anchovies were the ticket behind a flasher. All of our fish were loaded with anchovies. 20 pulls down on a 2 pound sinker. Good luck! ;)

Go_Fish
07-22-2005, 09:53 AM
My friend and I launched out of Bodega Bay yesterday at 1 pm and fished off 10 mile tell 3pm with a big 0. Heard a report on the radio of fish straight off the head in 230 ft of water, so we reeled up and headed out. We started fishing at 4pm and within 15 minutes we had a 28 lb and a 24 lb. We were fishing clear RSK's with anchovies at 45 pulls. We got our limit in one hour. 4 fish (28#,25#,18#,15#) ;D going back out tomorrow, hope the ocean will keep these unreal conditions.

Mickey_Thomas
07-22-2005, 04:37 PM
NIce job Go_Fish, you have to love those radio reports ;D That's where I caught my 30 pounder last week, 230' of water straight out from 10 mile.

fish4fun
07-23-2005, 11:08 PM
Fished with 2 friends in 230 ft water out from the head. We got 3 limits largest. We didn't weigh them but the largest looked well over 20 lbs. All three rods were working well. Two rods using 2# balls with RSK's and one using a deep 6 with a dodger and a cable/hooked bait. We lost several including a really big one. Hey Mickey are you taking that new boat of yours out in the salty Pacific? I guess it's not a whole lot saltier than Pyramid.. Larry

Mickey_Thomas
07-24-2005, 05:51 AM
Yeah Larry I am :) If fact it's all I want to do now is fish for Kings ??? Doc was right it's addictive for sure. Good job on the limits Larry, I didn't know you were an old salt ;D

fish4fun
07-24-2005, 08:22 AM
Mickey, Sounds like you love your new boat and have started a new love affair with the Kings. Hope to see you out there. It looks like Connie and I are going out of Bodega on Tues with two of our friends. We'll be on a 21 ft Striper with white Johnson outboards on the back. Name of the boat is the "Nyla B".. Larry