PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday

Supperman
07-21-2005, 08:28 AM
Well,
we had a great day on out of Bodega yesterday. We started with Breakfast at the Sandpiper restaurant...try the crab and shrimp egges benedict..the bisquits and gravy were good too.

Back to our story.
We left the ramp at about 10:30 and fished until 2:45.
We first went for rockfish using fish traps off of Tomales Pt.-Brian M. had done well here a few days ago. We got a few rock fish but nothing big.

Then we briefly tried for salmon...I had two people with me who had never been out on the ocean before...

Then we went over to Bodega head in 100 ft; of water and found some rock reefs and dropped herring for lings. We quickly had three lings and several rockies..

Great fun, I can't wait to get out again!

Here's a pic of two newbies with their fish.

Fish On!

http://home.comcast.net/~caswilliamson/lillings.jpg

brian_m
07-21-2005, 08:36 AM
great job guys...looks like you all had a fun day!

Mickey_Thomas
07-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Looks like a good dinner tonight ;D good job, I bet the newbies want to go back 8)

Supperman
07-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Yup, they're anxious to get back...but not as much as I am!

Fish On!

brian_m
07-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Amen to that brother!

Team_Sheryl_Lee
07-21-2005, 07:31 PM
just gotta luv them newbs

i am headed over after work friday
giving alot of thought to anchoring off shore on the other side of point reyes for saturday night
wonder if i could chum up some sharks...big sharks

crossed fingers for low winds

TSL

Supperman
07-21-2005, 09:11 PM
TSL,
that sounds like the beginning of a JAWS sequel :)
I am not sure I could sleep if I was anchored..waking up to a crunching sound would be bad.
My son and I went out on a party boat (The New Sea Angler) about two years ago and saw a great white between Bodega Head and Tomales Pt. It was 12 feet or so.

It does sound like a fun trip though.

Fish On!

Finesse
07-21-2005, 10:49 PM
anyone ever see "without a paddle"? man that guy in the yellow looks just like that goof ball guy thats growing the pot with his buddy, i mean they could be twins :o

Fishbutt21
07-22-2005, 07:57 AM
Is it just me or are the green ones the best tasting lings ;D great job on teaching the new guys to fish

65whaler
07-22-2005, 08:41 AM
i've never seen those green lings. i only catch the regular ones.

tsl - are you serious? careful what you wish for. and please take a camera with you. ;)

Supperman
07-22-2005, 08:48 PM
TSL,
I was coming back from Bodega today and I think I saw you towing your boat toward Bodega.
The boat had an ice chest on the swim platform but it looked like it said Sheryl Lee on the back...was that you?

Fish On!