PDA

View Full Version : DONT GO NORTH FOR SALMON

Snappy_McBite
07-19-2005, 07:51 AM
I fished the river monday and saw a lot of bait however there wasnt a bite anywhere around there. I heard a lot of people did good at 10 mile which is where i originally was going to go. My mistake. Anyways, a bad day fishing is always better than a good day at work!!!

65whaler
07-19-2005, 01:30 PM
i feel your pain - i fished off elephant sunday and could hear the chatter up at the river. if the water weren't so steep i would have run up there, but we managed to get one nice 19lber and lost another nice one. if we all had a crystal ball, it would be called catching. ;)

Supperman
07-19-2005, 02:55 PM
Well Snappy, At least you got out in your boat :)

I am going out tomorrow and I am torn between Tahoe and Bodega...I would like to pick up a ling or two and some salmon to go with it.

I'll probably decide at 6:00 in the morning.

Fish On!

brian_m
07-19-2005, 03:36 PM
hey Supperman, ill be out on the Samantha Irene tomorrow..if you go out give me a shout.

chnl.77

Snappy_McBite
07-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Supperman,

i called you on the radio, and heard nothing. What happend??? At least you didnt decide to follow me north. The only thing good out of it was "Stormin Norman" on my boat caught a nice 13lb halibut off the shore of mile rock and it was a nice foggy calm day out there. Now you know where the fish are!

Brian M,
Are you back to work on the Samantha Irene? I havent heard you out on the water lately. Tony on the "Cetacous" thought i was you when i met him at spud point launching my whaler. you have a lot of people who know your name. I guess i will have to call myself Brian D instead of just Brian

brian_m
07-19-2005, 04:46 PM
no im just going fishing with him...Les and i are still good fishin buddys. Tony on the "Cetacous" huh? ive heard him on the radio but never met him...its nice to be known out there!!!

Supperman
07-19-2005, 04:56 PM
Hey Brians,
No, I didn't go out because I have a friend coming in from out of town this evening and I am going to take him out tomorrow.

I am going to try for some lings and rock fish off Tomales then we will go for some salmon. I will be at the ramp about 8:30 in the morning. I have a couple of things I have to do in the morning before we go.

Brian. M. call me when you are free to go and I will try to get over there.

Fish On!

fishenrick
07-19-2005, 11:14 PM
How far are you guys going out for salmon, and how small is to small of a boat to take out to be on the safe side.
I have a 20 foot run about, fish San Francisco bay but never the ocean yet.

Fishenrick

knof
07-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Fishenrick, your 20' run about should be fine. Just keep an eye on the weather report and as long as you don't do anything abnormal, go get em! Your 20' isn't catching anything if it isn't in the water getting a pull-down!

Keith