PDA

View Full Version : BODEGA MONDAY

Snappy_McBite
07-16-2005, 02:04 PM
I am thinking of heading out of bodega on maonday. Anyone else going fishing??

Fishbutt21
07-16-2005, 04:52 PM
I will be going out monday for bottom fish and try for salmon if we get rockfish limits early.
Call for vessel "Kassie Bo" on 77

Supperman
07-16-2005, 11:10 PM
Hey Snappy!
I was going to go out Sunday but it looks like I will be going out Monday. Are you going out in your boat?
I will be taking mine over...I hope the ocean cooperates!

We will do salmon then rockfish. I will fish until about 11:30. My son has to be in Fairfield by 3:00.

Fish On!
http://home.comcast.net/~caswilliamson/lilboat.jpg

Fish King
07-16-2005, 11:28 PM
I'll probably be going out on Monday. Will probably get salmon first then rockfish depending on which is doing better. Does anybody know where the salmon have been caught around Bodega? And what's the hot setup? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Snappy_McBite
07-17-2005, 07:19 AM
supperman,

Are you going north or south for the salmon??

BIG_EYES
07-17-2005, 07:20 AM
I fished Bodega yesterday,party boats and privates were fishing north around the river-good color water and fair bait. Very slow fishing. No salmon for me, most other boats reported slow fishing. The rock cod were also off the bite.

Heard boats complaining about jelly south.
Hope this helps, good luck.
Birney (FV KAREN ELIZABETH)

Snappy_McBite
07-17-2005, 01:06 PM
Supperman,

I think i am going to head north in the morning towards teh river. If the salmon is still slow like they are saying today at wills then i will go to ft ross for some rockies. where are you going???

nogimmies
07-18-2005, 06:51 AM
All,
Fished there on Sunday ----Nada---- Slow
I think Bodega fished have moved(salmon)
I fished off the head in 100-240-'''
then moved up to Carmet/ salmon creek--Zero
Headed to the River At 26 and 10 on the gps--found the fleet in the fog ---Zero---
Ocean was great though..
I'm gonna try out the gate on Tuesday.....
Good luck to all
nogimmies

65whaler
07-18-2005, 08:46 AM
i fished sunday. tried out at 180' off elephant. desert. tacked east to the north end of mclures and we hooked into a nice one in 70', lost it. 15 minutes later got another in 50' of water. nice 20lb fish - got that one in the box. at 9:00, we were certain we were well on our way to getting our 4 fish. we trolled the rest of the day and lost some baits - maybe to rockfish. accidentally picked up a nice 30" ling. so we had red meat and white meat. sw wind blew whitecaps until 2:00 then it got dreamy nice for a while. nice day at any rate.
[and yessss the new timing base was the problem - boat's back in biz]
/derek