PDA

View Full Version : night jetty fishing?

GottabKevin
10-04-2008, 10:53 AM
hey sniffer i usually fish from the rocks at sonoma county and was wonderng if they allow people to fish at night on the rocks? ive seen some people in pictures with some nice rockcod,cabezon,and greenlings at night. so im just wondering if the ranger comes by or the police to allow night fishing off the rocks or not.

foggy
10-04-2008, 07:10 PM
If you are talking about the Doran jetty I believe its is considered day use area and it closes at sundown and the rangers might stop you. I have seen guys set up and fish the south jetty at night I even think their was a report or two a few years ago but I cannot remember if they did any good.
I fish the jetty a lot when I cannot get the boat out and I do not think I would try to navigate the rocks at night they hard enough during the day I like to hit the jetty at first light when there is no one around and there is no wind.

Fish_R_Us
10-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Fishing on any jetty, especially during night can get dangerous during this time of the year. High tides and incoming swells can wash over a jetty and turn your fishing trip into a search & rescue mission. I've seen swells that wash completely over the Princeton Jetty during fall/winter. It's an awesome and very sobering sight to see the raw power of the storm induced waves.