PDA

View Full Version : Looking for pier fishing tips during fall season

vinhle68
09-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Hi All,

I took a group of friends out to Hunter Point Pier over the weekend for a fun day of fishing and we've hook one nice bat rays, two leapard sharks, and tons of seaweeds! :-)

The Rays got away and we let both sharks go and overall the group had a great time fishing.

I was wondering if there are any other exitement around the bay that I can take the group out again during the fall season?

Are the king fish biting this time of year? How about the halibuts action?

sHoRe_fAnAtIc
09-30-2008, 06:51 AM
The kingfish run is usually good during spring through early summer.... although I have not seen one in the bay for awhile...

The halibut bite has slowed, but if you put in your time you may be able to get one or two. Try to get some livebait if you're fishing off the pier.

The striper bite should be starting... Try Point Pinole Pier (although it is a far walk, or you can wait for the shuttle) ...

you can also check out pierfishing.com for more pier fishing info...

ken_fishnfool
10-01-2008, 02:10 PM
The kingfish will still be around up until the 3rd or 4th big storm.
They love anchovy pieces...

vinhle68
10-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Linesiding & Ken_fishnfool,

Thank you both for your input and suggestion. I did lookup Point Pinole Pier on google map and boy! that is a long walk! :-) It is however seem to be a very nice pier to fish at. I have to make one trip there soon.

Keep on fishing...and Fishsniffer rules
-Vinh

sHoRe_fAnAtIc
10-03-2008, 07:47 AM
There is a shuttle... That's the good thing...

Bad thing is that you'll have to work on it's schedule if you wish to use it....