PDA

View Full Version : SAN LEANDRO MARINA

LIVAI
08-13-2008, 07:43 AM
DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW THE FISHING IS FROM THE SAN LEANDRO FOR RAYS AND SHARK? LET ME KNOW..THANKS.

Phisherman44
08-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Thats weird, I was just about to post the same question...anyways I have only fished it once(just this last sunday) and didnt get bit. was out for about 3 hours in the afternoon during the incoming. Probably not ideal conditions, but I needed out of the house. others around me were also skunked save for what looked like a smelt from distance. Had a nice time, read a book and hit up the ice cream man, but no fish. Oh well. I'd like to try it out there at night if thats allowed, but I did see some BIG roaches in the rocks, so maybe not. Anyone have more info?

MB_Kevin
08-13-2008, 08:07 PM
I stopped by there one day and looked around while working. I don't really have a set up to fish it in my work truck so Im not sure how it would be. There was no one fishing while I was there. I would like to hear any reports.

nayr
08-13-2008, 08:44 PM
I have fished out there a few times with nothing to show for it. I'd rather hit up the rock wall.

Ugbomb
08-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Right next to the bridge in San Mateo offers leapord shark, bat rays, and the occasional seven gill. Have to be there on incoming high tide though. :D SQUID! USE SQUID!!

LIVAI
08-14-2008, 07:30 AM
COOL...THANKS FOR THE ADVISE EVERYBODY..I GUESS I'M ABOUT TO HEAD ACROSS THE BAY AND CHECK OUT THAT AREA

Dday
08-14-2008, 09:18 AM
COOL...THANKS FOR THE ADVISE EVERYBODY..I GUESS I'M ABOUT TO HEAD ACROSS THE BAY AND CHECK OUT THAT AREA

Good luck and be sure to post a report.. and dont forget the camera 8-)
[smiley=yahoo.gif]

LIVAI
08-16-2008, 07:23 AM
I went out to San Leandro Marina last night..I didnt pull anything in but saw 2 rays and a leapard shark get pulled in..When I went to the bait shop, they were out of squid so I settled for anchovies..I wasnt really liking the chovies though so I ran to Lucky's only to find that they had calamari steaks..Not at all the same as squid..Probably the reason for the skunk..I might go back out for a couple hours today just to kill some time as long as I can find some squid.

MB_Kevin
08-16-2008, 11:40 PM
There is a thread on this on the saltwater board.

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1218668397/0#8

LIVAI
08-21-2008, 08:52 AM
I went out last Saturday night..As the tide started to get high, we started with the catch....i caught a baby shark bout a foot long off of squid..My boy caught a sand shark bout 2 1/2' long using a squid and anchovie combo at about 10pm..only bad thing that I didnt know is that they close at 10pm. The police told us we had to pack it up for the night.

Dday
08-21-2008, 09:05 AM
I went out last Saturday night..As the tide started to get high, we started with the catch....i caught a baby shark bout a foot long off of squid..My boy caught a sand shark bout 2 1/2' long using a squid and anchovie combo at about 10pm..only bad thing that I didnt know is that they close at 10pm. The police told us we had to pack it up for the night.

Yeah the bite was gonna get going.. starting having hits but missed the hook set a few time :'(

then i got got that small 2.5 footer but they were comin' till johnny law gave us the boot [smiley=cop.gif]

gomezfish
08-26-2008, 10:40 AM
i walk through that dog park and fish closer to the airport , had some good action there at high tide , some big rays too!

Dday
08-26-2008, 11:59 AM
i walk through that dog park and fish closer to the airport , had some good action there at high tide , some big rays too!

Hey BnB, How do u get to that spot? I'm not familiar with that area so what should I google to get directions?

Man with all the advice u given me,,, u gotta make some time and meet out that way and rip some lips!!! Bait and Beer is on me.. the least i can do *[smiley=party.gif]

My friend Livai is down to go too!!

LIVAI
08-30-2008, 09:20 AM
I went back out last night for about 4 hrs..I used a anchovie and squid combo..no hits at all..I tried closer to the airport but didnt get any action.

shon42073
08-30-2008, 11:27 AM
The oakland airport is a great shore spot for sturgeon in febuary, wait till you get word the herring are spawing then GO ! Of course use good tray bait herring or fresh if you can find it in a fish market. Heres a bit of info, the sand sharks are actually called brown smoothhounds(proper name), The interesting thing is the have the longest gestation period of any animal on this earth, peice of trivia to throw out there next time you catch one *;D

Ugbomb
09-02-2008, 05:13 PM
I think the east bay has been pretty week lately. I'm thinking temp. >:(

LIVAI
09-02-2008, 05:49 PM
UGBomb,

I thought it was just me or that I was doing something wrong. Since I live in the East Bay, its just easier for me to get around to different spots..With San Leandro being the closest spot for me (about 10 min) I go here a lot...

I guess I'm gonna have to put a few more miles on the beater and head out just a bit further.

Dday
09-03-2008, 07:04 AM
UGBomb,

I thought it was just me or that I was doing something wrong. Since I live in the East Bay, its just easier for me to get around to different spots..With San Leandro being the closest spot for me (about 10 min) I go here a lot...

I guess I'm gonna have to put a few more miles on the beater and head out just a bit further.

DELTA!!!! GET OUT TO THE DELTA!!!

Fresh Shad, Live bullheads, pile worms,,,, Cant go wrong!!! Bait fishin in the delta is picked up BIG TIME!!!! come holla at ur boy 8-)

Ugbomb
09-03-2008, 06:18 PM
What is the best place for an east bay angler to catch a cat in the delta?

Crass
09-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Well good to hear about the sturgy fact for feb... i just moved to San Leandro.. glad i can fish close to home!

MB_Kevin
09-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Well good to hear about the sturgy fact for feb... i just moved to San Leandro.. glad i can fish close to home!

You moved from pacifica.

Crass
09-04-2008, 04:07 PM
indeed. last of my crap goes over this weekend. dont like leavin the coast, but my own house for $450 a month? cant go wrong.

MB_Kevin
09-04-2008, 07:23 PM
To bad we didn't get a chance to fish while you were here. I hope the new place works out.

Crass
09-05-2008, 04:14 PM
word up, mang.. thanks. ill be back, tho! you cant escape p-town.