PDA

View Full Version : Yerba Buena?

Phinger28
08-28-2008, 12:08 PM
Anyone fish here? Seems like it would be a good spot since it is right in the middle of the bay. Is it legal to fish there?

nayr
08-28-2008, 03:29 PM
i dont know but its on fire today [smiley=sheep.gif]

Phinger28
08-28-2008, 06:27 PM
any good fishing from shore?

MB_Kevin
08-28-2008, 06:48 PM
I think he means literally on fire with flames and smoke :o ;D

I know I have gotten off at the treasure island side and there is a gate before any fishing holes with guards. I had to do work in there once a month for a while and I would just pull up in my work truck (that had company name on it) and they would just wave me threw without even asking why I was going there or anything.
There is a pier out there and thought about trying to fish it but Im sure it would be bad if they seen me.

gomezfish
08-28-2008, 07:13 PM
i fish there all the time , theres a little sandy cove right when you drive in but its also a hangout for little punks sneaking out of the job corps , drve to the eastern section and park anywhere near the rocks for halibut/sharks and a whole lotta rays , its blocked from western winds

Phinger28
08-29-2008, 11:40 AM
which part is accessible on the east side of the island. i looked at a map and it looks like everything on the eastern side is industrial and probably off-limits to fishing.

LIVAI
08-30-2008, 09:36 AM
I checked the map and will try to check it out this weekend sometime. I'll give a report and let you know how I do.

Double_D
09-01-2008, 07:11 AM
I remember when I was about 8 or 9(1966 :o) years old fishing with relatives that were in the Navy stationed at Treasure Island, that pier that faces San Francisco used to be a fantastic spot, I remember one night the floor of that pier littered with Striper's all bigger than me, to this day I'll never forget it.....those were the days, we will never see Striper fishing like that again on the west coast. :-/

LIVAI
09-02-2008, 05:33 PM
I went out on Sunday and soaked some squid for a few hours..I didnt catch anything but a little crab..just my luck.. my brother caught a decent leapard shark and an almost legal crab..haha..but the view was nice and weather was great.

Crass
09-03-2008, 08:11 PM
get poke pollin and rock fishin! theyre all over that place.