PDA

View Full Version : Going 2 Baker Beach, what do I need?

gizmoSF
08-31-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm going to bbq and relax with some friends tommorrow and need my quick fix...fishing! This is going to be my first time fishing at Baker Beach in SF tomorrow and I'm pretty much clueless as what species to target with what tackle/bait to bring. I'm not trying to stick my hands into someones honey jar (as wrong as that sounds), just trying to figure out what I should bring and where to get bait also. I have plenty of gear (at least the woman says so) but just need some guidence. :)

gizmoSF
08-31-2008, 04:12 PM
add on...

So far, I'm looking at bringing my 13' or 15' heavers, spinning reels loaded with 30lb mono. Hi-lows with squids as bait. Does this sound about right or should I change anything like bait or line? Thanks in advance :)

MB_Kevin
09-01-2008, 12:37 AM
Welcome to the boards.
If it is the place Im thinking of there are alot of crabs in the area. Go for them or try to keep you bait up off the bottom because they will pick it clean before a fish gets the chance to get to it. Go with the hi low and make sure to try and keep the high one hi until you figure out if the crabs are taking it all or not.
Good luck and post a report!