PDA

View Full Version : Bodega no more!

Ugbomb
08-17-2008, 06:52 PM
I decided to go to Bodega Bay yesterday and tried to get a campground about 7:45 to 8:00 am at Doran Beach and the guy strait up laughed in my pathetic face. He told me If I want a site I have to show up at 3 am. And i need to regester at the first of the year! Beaten down we went to Lawsons Landing and all I got to say is hell NO! Cow pasture? Then decided to go up 116 to find a campsite and all I got to say is everything is taken up. We were laughed at and laughed at. Worst day of my trying to camp in my life.! I officially hate Bodega bay and tomolas bay since I lived in humboldt for a decade and never had to deal with this. Hella people from Europe and im thinking cause the EURO is strong. F Bodega.

office_pirate79
08-18-2008, 01:24 PM
Whoooo!! Ugbomb's on fire!!! [smiley=guns.gif] [smiley=guns.gif]

Sorry you got shat on...that's never fun. I wouldn't count those places out completely. Just make sure you sign up this January and it'll be all gravy ;).

metalmouth
08-18-2008, 04:37 PM
It's almost impossible to go to a public campground on the ocean with out reservations. You can check for availability and make reservations online. Not to difficult.

Phinger28
08-18-2008, 11:48 PM
Yeah too bad Bodega has blown up like it has in recent years. Its a full blown tourist trap now. Online reservations have made it way too easy to book the campgrounds to the brim out there.

metalmouth
08-19-2008, 09:02 AM
Actually without tourists and no Salmon season Bodega Businesses would all go broke. I'm glad to hear there are full campgrounds!

chrisd
08-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Same situation along the Mendocino coast. Reservations anywhere from 12 -18 months back.

foggy
08-19-2008, 01:27 PM
it sounds like you only tried doran than went south
to bad their is a few other camp grounds north that I think are better than doran.

keelhaulinrob
08-19-2008, 01:52 PM
yea a little more north their is a drive in pay your self camp ground, im not to big on all the camp grounds when i was 17 i planned a big one with my girlfriend at the time and i couldn't rent a site because i wasn't 18 so i had to drive all the way home.

Ugbomb
08-19-2008, 04:00 PM
We called ahead all the way up the coast and all I have to say is ZIP! >:(

krzyfshrmn
08-19-2008, 05:23 PM
100 degrees in the Valley, last weekend before school starts in most places = full campgrounds on the Coast. We tried for a site Friday night without any luck as well, so ended up in the launch parking lot for the night.

spud_point
08-19-2008, 09:35 PM
i live in santa rosa there is hard time with these tourists i have gone out rock crabbing the last 3 weekends there are an lot of people from sacrmento which seemed werid to me lots of dutch here is something that might help http://www.bodegabay.com/discover/camping.html

vito
08-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Too bad you didn't give Lawson's a chance. There are many campsites there out of the pastures and the price is great. The atmophere is awesome and the crabbing/ clamming is fun.

montev
08-23-2008, 02:57 PM
"Just make sure you sign up this January and it'll be all gravy"

Where do you sign up? Is this to reserve an actual campsite or is it to sign up so it makes you elibible to reserve campsites?

sethonious
08-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Book here: http://www.reserveamerica.com/

Also yeah you picked the worst possible weekend. The one before school starts. Go the weekend after labor day and it is much easier to get a spot.

As far as laughing in your face. That is rude, but it has been this way for quite some time. My folks book out their trips/weekends at the coasts starting New Year's day every year, and we just tag along when we can.