PDA

View Full Version : Birthday gathering

MontanaN8V
07-25-2008, 09:44 AM
August 16th is my birthday, and my son's is August 19th. We are planning a trip to Fort Point pier with a few friends that have kids too. We are going to have a birthday picnic, and a great day fishing and crabbing for the kids there. Anyone is welcome to come and join the fun, bring the kids, and lets catch some fish and have some fun.

MontanaN8V
08-05-2008, 09:45 AM
August 16th, Saturday. We all plan to be there early. I have extra gear for kids to catch perch if you want to bring your kids out. I only have two crab nets, but usually do very well crabbing there, and it is more about the kids having fun and learning. Should be a great time, I hope some of you can make it out, don't worry about gifts, just bring your fishin stuff and kids and have some fun with us.

Rich

MontanaN8V
08-15-2008, 08:16 AM
Just another reminder about tomorrow morning for any that want to come share a great time with my family and friends. We have lots of gear, and should be great fishing for the kids for perch and smelt. We will be pulling lots of gear for rock crabs, and everyone that wants some will get some. We will boil them there, so storage on way home is easy.

MB_Kevin
08-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Sounds fun. My daughter is having her birthday party tomorrow so I don't think she will be able to come but sounds fun.

żżż
08-15-2008, 07:58 PM
I'll be in town but will have family responsibilities to tend to. HAPPY BIRTHDAY in advance! I'm sure you'll have a great time!

MontanaN8V
08-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Had a great time, lots of rock crabs. Kids caught a few perch, no smelt. The kids caught a bunch of tiny cabs, all put back to grow to 15"! Put five bullheads out for striper, all came back with just heads on the hook. Tried putting a trailer hook on the last one, got hooked up for a second, and then what ever it was, bit through the 40# leader. Any suggestions what I did wrong there would be cool. Saw a small 7 gill caught, and a guy got a halibut, about 16" in his crab net. Fun day all together.

MB_Kevin
08-17-2008, 07:46 PM
From what I have seen even the live bait out there gets eaten by the crabs. that is probably why you only got the heads back. Next time Im going to see if I can get the bait off the bottom.