PDA

View Full Version : Fort Bragg Area Shore fishing spots?

bing15
08-08-2008, 05:21 AM
I never really fished the ocean from the beach before. We are headed to Fort Bragg for the weekend and was wondering if anybody had any Ideas where we might be able to get our lines wet from the shore. I don't even know what to expect to catch or not! :D Thanks

Bing

CDK
08-08-2008, 04:04 PM
It's been a looooog time, :'( but! the jetty used to be good for poking and the channel produced Herring and the end of the jetty last time was hot for Redtail Perch. I also remember a cove south of the bridge we drove out to the bluff and hiked down . We caught a couple of Cabs and some Greenies. If you can stay away from the weed in the center. ;)
Maybe Bragger will chime in.

bing15
08-08-2008, 05:30 PM
I totally forgot about the jetty!! *Thanks for the information, *Were you thinking about russian gulch? *I went ab diving there some years back. * *

CDK
08-08-2008, 06:09 PM
I totally forgot about the jetty!! *Thanks for the information, *Were you thinking about russian gulch? *I went ab diving there some years back. * *
Don't think so. This cove was about 200 by 200 ft. more or less. ;D

jetfishn
08-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Hey, the jetty at noyo is alive and well still, we hit it a few wks back pokepoling the rocks, my son got a 25" prickleback monkeyface eel, made a good camp dinner. Just over the bridge going into ft bragg, turn right after the 76 station, that will get you down to the harbor then follow rd to end and parking lot. Check out the cool kayak shop while down in the harbor area!!