PDA

View Full Version : Pacifica?

unoriginal
07-31-2008, 09:28 PM
I haven't been to the Pacifica pier in years and was considering going sometime in the upcoming weeks. Has anyone been recently, and how's the fishing/crabbing there these days?

I also haven't been successful there in the past but keep hearing good reports about it; what kind of bait do people use? Thanks.

catfish127
07-31-2008, 09:35 PM
I was out there a few weeks ago. I caught a ton of dungenous crabs but it isn't dungie season. I caught a few bait fish at about mid pier with a sabiki rig. I did manage to catch a rock crab and ate it for dinner.

CDK
08-01-2008, 06:11 PM
I was out there a few weeks ago. I caught a ton of dungenous crabs but it isn't dungie season. I caught a few bait fish at about mid pier with a sabiki rig. I did manage to catch a rock crab and ate it for dinner.Same for me but no Rocky. Did see a school of something bigger but way out.

Earlyo
08-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Was out there looking around and not much happening on the pier. Just a King fish, couple of red rock crabs, shiner perch being caught. Walk the surf and saw a couple of guys had caught a shark a piece.