PDA

View Full Version : BAT RAYS AT BERKELEY PIER??

Dday
07-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Hello all!

I need some help for an addiction I recently picked up... BAT RAYS ;D

I hear you can pull em from Berkeley Pier and a good time is at night.. I am new to fishin for Rays so can anybody give any and all info I need to know.

I have all the good gear and terminal tackle since i'm normally chasin Dino's...

I need to know what types of bait work best, rigs to use and where or how far down the pier is best.. I wouldn't mind hooking in to a few sharks also ;)

any help would be appreciated [smiley=dankk2.gif]

juskickinit
07-15-2008, 12:29 PM
any rig can work. a sturgon rig can work or king fish styler (double hook hanger). bait dead anchovies or squid will work. and you can go anywhere on the peir. but i seen alot of sting rey being pulled past the 3rd sink to the end

Dday
07-15-2008, 05:08 PM
right on JKI!! thanks for the info... have u seen some big rays caught on that pier?

Ugbomb
07-15-2008, 05:13 PM
There are better places for them rather than the berkeley pier. Look for local marshes next to big mud flats. Or any estuary. Oh and they move in schools so one bite means there are more. :P

juskickinit
07-15-2008, 06:43 PM
i havent seen to many big ones this year. i hooked up a monster one last year. good fight for my reel

Ugbomb
07-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Ive hooked into some 60+ pounders. There out there and bigger for sure. I have a video on here on the pier and shoreline page. Huge Bat Ray Video. Trust me that ray in the video...times that by 3. They can grow huge!

Dday
07-15-2008, 09:53 PM
DANG!!!! Now that must have been a good fight.. That's what i'm lookin for. I wanna put my gear to the test and hear me real screamin as they peel line!! what kinda bait did u get em on?

Ugbomb
07-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Squid is the favorite for them for sure. Dont use the tenticals. They like a big chunk of body. 8-)

Dday
07-16-2008, 06:52 AM
THANKS UGBOMB [smiley=angling.gif]

Wish me luck!