PDA

View Full Version : No license piers

CDK
05-16-2008, 09:13 AM
What are the no license piers within 30 miles of the Gate.
The only one that comes to mind is Pacifica.
Got some Midwest friends coming for a few days.
Thanks

Sideliner
05-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Santa Cruz/Capitola/Pier 7 SF/Oyster Point SSF
Just a few that I know of. Hope that helps.

MontanaN8V
05-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Fort Point, Fort Baker, Mcneir

wading2fish
05-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Berkeley Pier, Sierra Pt., Dumbarton Pier, and remember you can also fish the Alameda Rockwall and the jetty at Coyote Pt. without a license.

As another poster noted, Ft. Baker is near you and has a small jetty that can be fished without a license also. this jetty is neat because it can be poke poled for rockfish and eel.

scfisher831
05-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Seacliff pier,Montery wharf #2 ;)

MB_Kevin
05-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Candlestick!

CDK
05-17-2008, 06:41 PM
Thanks Guys
It was explained to me by someone that should know better that only piers that were created specifically for fishing were legal.And the only ones like that were like the one at Pacifica not in the bay only the ocean. >:( I never looked because I have a license.
I got a copy of the salt regs and although a bit confusing I think I got it. :-? ::)

MB_Kevin
05-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Most of the saltwater ones are OK without a license. The only thing to keep in mind is if you hook a big fish you can't walk it to the front of the pier and land it on shore. There are some jetty's that are OK to like coyote point. I also think that Genetech is OK off the end but some guys out there disagree with me. The map in the front calls it a pubic pier or something like that and I use 2 poles if I'm off the end but if I fish other areas just one.

chagovatoloco
05-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Is it legal to use 2 poles at any public pier.

Crass
05-18-2008, 12:39 AM
is it not also legal to do the same off any man-made uh.. whats the word.. jetty, thingy.. i dunno.. some man made creation that sticks out into the water.

...way to dumb down a legit questioned post, crass. ::)

MB_Kevin
05-18-2008, 03:41 PM
Is it legal to use 2 poles at any public pier.

All the ones I have been to allow 2 rods per angler.

nayr
05-18-2008, 05:00 PM
ive been visited by dfg while fishing the tiburon pier and ft baker while fishing 2 poles, with no problems... They just wanted me to take their survey. Its fun catching perch/little rock cod while waiting for the other rod to get smacked.

MB_Kevin
05-18-2008, 09:26 PM
The only problem is trying to pull in a leopard shark and a sting ray at the same time :P

CDK
06-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Well they came and went. Mike and Jon opted for two day tags so no piers. went to a place north of the gate I know of. I am still getting over foot surgery so I can't walk too much. They carried my chair and beer chest down for me. 8-) I stayed on the sand and they climbed the rocks like kids. Caught a few rockies. And Mike caught a 3 1/2 Lep. It was like a Keystone Kops drill them trying to figure how to land that shark on the rocks. Finally both jumped into the water and beached it on the sand. The boys from Minn. met the shark from Ca. ;D
All in all the perch and sharks treated us best. Caught 17 over the two days and enough perch to eat and freeze a few.
They took the camera home with a promise to send pictures so I can post them.

chagovatoloco
06-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Sounds like a fun trip. No stripers?

CDK
06-27-2008, 06:47 AM
Sounds like a fun trip. No stripers?
Nope! No stripers. Most of the Leps were small. The first one the biggest.
I wish I could be a fly on the wall when those guys get home and start telling their stories, LOL