PDA

View Full Version : Pier Fishing

bretmoua
05-28-2008, 07:09 AM
I will be out by the pier right underneath the north end of the golden gate bridge this weekend and was wondering if we need a license or not to fish on the pier. I realized there is a site called pier fishing all dedicated to pier fishing, but i just signed up and couldn't wait 24 hours just to be able to post my question on there. Help please.

What type of fish can I expect to catch at that pier? I'll also be trying my crab nets.

Crass
05-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Dont need a liscence..

wading2fish
05-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Dont need a liscence..

Hey bret,
you can also fish off the little jetty there without a license. you can catch rockfish, perch, mfe, sandabs when they're around. experiment, try casting out from the jetty. if that does not produce, try poke poling the rocks.

MB_Kevin
05-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Sorry guys. *Great info and a perfect link to info there crass, but no trash talking about a competing forum!

MB

nayr
05-28-2008, 06:57 PM
LIke shorethang said Fish the jetty! not the pier. Lots of perch and little rockfish even the occasional monkey faced eel if you fish close to the shore. As far as your crab trap if you fish the jetty you can toss your trap off to the left of the jetty from the cliff( I think you need a license for that though). Well anyways good luck.

wading2fish
05-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Sorry guys. *Great info and a perfect link to info there crass, but no trash talking about a competing forum!

MB

just checking to see if you're doing your job moderatin' MB. J/K. Won't happen again.

MB_Kevin
05-28-2008, 09:30 PM

MB

just checking to see if you're doing your job moderatin' MB. J/K. Won't happen again.

;D No big deal. Just didn't want it to get any worse. ;)

Crass
05-29-2008, 12:30 PM
my bad! meant it light heartedly..

on a more on topic note.. i think im gonna try goin out there soon.. maybe see if i can get some baitfish or hopefully better if its picked up in the last couple months..