PDA

View Full Version : Welcome!

metalmouth
04-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Welcome to the new board. This board is here so that the guys that fish without boats will have their own Salt Water Board. MB and I look forward to some great discussions about everything from Surf Perch to Leopard Sharks!

Hope this works well for you!

MM

Empire
04-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Cha ching!

I will vacation again this year in Santa Cruz. I will be looking here for reports!

HSUSteelie
04-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Awesome! I like the idea. I'm impressed with the Sniffer and Mods for listening to member's suggestion and making it happen. This board will help a lot of people find information - including myself!

Thanks guys!

MontanaN8V
04-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Initially, I was POed. Then seen where and how to get there. Thought MM had a prescription run out, and was, well, taking it out on us. ;D

metalmouth
04-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Initially, I was POed. *Then seen where and how to get there. *Thought MM had a prescription run out, and was, well, taking it out on us. *;D
Sorry, ;D I didn't have any way to let people know their posts were being moved to the new board. Hope this helps.

MM/Don

Mr_Ed
04-21-2008, 01:26 PM
When I was young I did a lot of pier fishing when I lived in Mill Valley.
Stension beach area also worked.

Its a gas til you get a big Ray on that takes all your line !! :o :'(

This post should be a gas for no boaters. ;)

jetfishn
04-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the new board, just what I wanted for this area, should work out great!!!

The_Talis
04-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks! I'm always on the shore anyway.

CDK
04-21-2008, 03:34 PM
While at first look this seems to be a solution. I can see where it may be a problem also. Keeping the Landlubbers and Boaters separate would seen to be imposable.
A post that starts from a pier may be replied to by a boater. Look at all the butts or shark posts.
Heck! Right now I see saltwater posts mixing with the fresh. Maybe the separation should have been inside and outside the bay waters.
The idea is noble and I wish you luck.

metalmouth
04-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Boat guys aren't prohibited from posting replies here. As on all boards, all fishermen are invited to give their input. I fish off of a boat and the bank. Now we have a board for both types of reports. Hopefully this board will encourage more bank specific posts.

troutfan
04-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Good job MM. This board will be a useful addition.

AllFishNoWork
04-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Nice work, always good to see a new board. I hope it leads to alot shared stories and better fishing for all.

Mickey_Thomas
04-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Ok, not even a day old and there's a full page of topic's ::) who's been moving post again? ;D ;D ;D In the 50's I used to fish the Martinez pier for Stripers, I hear they are still there but hardly anyone fishes out there anymore :( You guys who don't have a boat and are close to Martinez give it a go ;)

tadams
04-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Man I miss poke poling. Never know what your going to get. My favorite spot was the jetty near the mouth of Bodega Bay. Monkey faced eels and little rock fish. Something to do while crabbing. My cousin and I also had fun fishing Tomales from Hwy 1. Lots of rays and a few sharks. 8-)

Big_Easy
04-23-2008, 09:20 AM
I think this pier/shore thing is a great idea! So who caught what and where? :-?

Sin_Coast
04-24-2008, 02:05 PM
This board is here so that the guys that fish without boats will have their own Salt Water Board.

Thanks for putting the boatless-anglers in their place! This will make it a lot easier for the boaters to avoid the shore-based SW posts. Looking forward to some good perch and shark reports.
Thanks!

fishwithgary
05-07-2008, 08:26 PM
This board is a great idea. Having a boat all these years I forgot how much fun it was to do the shore fishing and scamper among the rocks. Now with the price of fuel and an 80 gallon tank to fill, perhaps I should go back and visit those wonderful days along the rocks and shore.

Gary

triggerfish
05-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Just noticed this board, Great idea. With the price of fuel ,I see this board getting a lot of use.