PDA

View Full Version : looking for a decent pier around concord

RANDO
04-27-2008, 03:43 PM
i am new to the area and just looking for a decent pier to catch some fish maybe a shark or two, doesnt have to be your super TOP SECRET place. looking for someone to help a fellow fisherman out ill even trade you a beer or two

tattooedfish1
04-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Dont have a spot for you but you might wanna put the area your'e at so everybody knows about where you wanna fish. ;)Ive been kinda looking for the same thing but it seems everything is too far north of me .

tattooedfish1
04-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Sorry Rando.....didnt see CONCORD in your heading. ::)oops!

RANDO
04-27-2008, 05:54 PM
no worries tattooedfish it is a little hard to see the whole title but if anyone else in the area of concord knows of a spot let me know, please

tattooedfish1
04-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Not real familiar with whats where up north but if I remember right they were catching leopards out in alameda....? dont know how far that is from you might wanna check out some of the shark postings and ask some of those guys.good luck.

tarbuckle
04-28-2008, 07:46 AM
You could go under the Benicia Bridge ( Benicia Side) and try for Stripers/Sturgeon. You also have the Martinez pier close by. To the NE of you is the Antioch pier.

gomezfish
04-29-2008, 07:10 PM
concord ca? you gotta travel more towards the bay for sharks but ide get on that sturgeon/striper hype...there right in your backyard

crocket- eckley pier
martinez pier
baypoint/mcavoy harbor- the point (ask the bait shop dudes)
pittsburg marina has a pier
antioch pier nunder the antioch bridge

then you have the entire delta to explore!!

mapquest encinal high school in alameda then youll see that rockwall...thats a good bet for a shark or two

RANDO
04-29-2008, 08:26 PM
hey thanks everyone for the replies and tips. i tried the antioch pier this evening i was using sardines with the hook threaded through the body with a 2 oz slider, no luck though... ol well sure beats sitting at home.

GT
04-30-2008, 01:30 PM
RANDO, check your pm.