PDA

View Full Version : BAY FISHING HELP

frankd2ca
02-04-2008, 07:14 PM
I JUST GOT A NEW BOAT HAS ALL THE GOOD STUFF RADAR SONAR GPS I DO KNOW HOW TO USE MOST OF THE BOAT NOT THE RADAR BUT I WAS HOPEING TO FIND SOMEONE THAT REALY KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING IN THE BAYS FOR STURGEON STRIPERS HALABIT THAT WOULD BE WILLING TO MEET AND GO FISHING WITH ME AND A BUDDY OF MINE AND HELP USE LEARN HOW TO AND WHERE TO FISH IN THE BAYS I AM NOT A BEGINNER BY NO MEANS I FISH ALL THE TIME MOSTLY IN THE DE;TA SO IF YOU REALY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING IN THE BAYS AND KNOW ALLOT ABOUT BOATS LETS TALK ABOUT A TRIP SOON THANKS

kooldadj510
02-04-2008, 07:24 PM
i am by no means a pro but have done my fair share of fishing for butts and sturgeon in the bay. rt now is good for sturgeon. i fish the south bay dumbarton area and know some good spots and am always looking for other boaters to head out with me. if you are ever planning a trip to south bay let me know i can meet you, you can trail me and i could show you some good spots. till then good luck and happy fishing 8-)

frankd2ca
02-04-2008, 07:27 PM
IF THE WEATHER IS GOOD MIGHT PLAN A TRIP OUT THIS WEEKEND

kooldadj510
02-04-2008, 07:39 PM
this weekends tides for that area arent to bad it might be a good idea. i will have to talk to the ol lady see if she will let me go, only because i am going on a night trip thurs till fri so to go again on weekend might be a problem. i will let you know by wed. so what kind of boat did you get?

frankd2ca
02-04-2008, 07:57 PM
A TROPHY 25 FT WITH A CUDY * LET ME KNOW WHERE ARE YOU FISHING OVERNIGT ??

kooldadj510
02-04-2008, 08:27 PM
SWEET!!
i have an older 22' bayliner with cuddy, picked her up pretty cheap put new motor, electronics, seats and hundreds of dollars of other cool stuff not to mention the countless hours of blood sweat and tears she is my baby. shes not the prettiest but she runs great and she always puts me on the fish!
as far as where im gunna go, deep deep south

Feesh-On
02-04-2008, 10:16 PM
If ya guys got room, I got gas money?? :D

willyc
02-04-2008, 10:30 PM
If this weekend is a go I would love to tag along, Not too close of course and learn the south bay sturgeon tricks. I have an old 1973 21' Reinell. I never get to meet other sniffers on the water!
Of course anyone here is welcome to follow me around but I dont have a lot of luck except for stripers at the mothball fleet.
will

P.S. do you launch out of San Leandro ?

frankd2ca
02-04-2008, 10:43 PM
I WILL LAUNCH ANY WHERE I THINK WE SHOULD GET A MEETING PLACE AND ALL GO ANYONE WITHOUT A CB CAN USE HAND RADIOS MORE BOATS WILLING TO SHARE GOOD FISHING THE BETTER WHAT IS THE WEATHER SUPOSED TO DO ??? AND WHAT DAY WOULD BE BEST VOR MOST WANTING TO GO ??? ANY IDEAS OF A GOOD PLACE TO MEET ??? AND BEST TIME TO START ON THE WATER ??

frankd2ca
02-04-2008, 10:46 PM
OH IF ANY ONE NEEDS A BOAT TO RIDE IN I SHOULD HAVE A SPOT OR TWO

kooldadj510
02-04-2008, 11:41 PM
i launch out of redwood city marina, i live in fremont and i think its the closest to me and quickest to spot. launch is about 12 miles from fishing hole. launch is only 5 bucks but the bridge gets you, $8.25 for dual axel trailers. its a good launch/meeting place but no bait shop in area i get my bait in hayward first.

frankd2ca
02-05-2008, 08:22 AM
SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD PLACE TO LAUNCH WE NEED TO GET A TIME AND DAY TO GO I WILL LOOK AT THE WEATHER TONIGHT AND TALK TO YOU LATER

kooldadj510
02-05-2008, 12:24 PM
im good for sat. looks like its gunna be a long one for me. thurs fri and now sat. cant wait!!
let me know what time is good for you, the earlier the better.
do you have vhf radio on your boat?

Crass
02-05-2008, 05:07 PM
OH IF ANY ONE NEEDS A BOAT TO RIDE IN I SHOULD HAVE A SPOT OR TWO

id absolutely love to be able to tag along if youll let me take up a spot! i can bring you some gas cash or food or something as well! :D

Feesh-On
02-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Hey Frank! - I got your email....

I dont have a boat, but like Crass would love to tag along if able.

Adam.

willyc
02-05-2008, 06:54 PM
I can go either sat or sun. I have never been to redwood city marina Ill have to google it.

kooldadj510
02-05-2008, 07:18 PM
its off of seaport dr off 101. you fallow seaport to first light were you can take a left, after making a left you run rt into it. there is a small boat sign at the light. the first time i went there i drove up and down seaport for an hour till i found it. its in the middle of business complex not where you would think. i will post correct street name were you gunna take a left when i get back on fri.

kooldadj510
02-05-2008, 07:21 PM
EVERYONE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR STURGEON PERMIT WITH YOU

Feesh-On
02-05-2008, 07:35 PM
EVERYONE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR STURGEON PERMIT WITH YOU

Do you mean sturgeon report card? - Or ocean enhancement stamp?

I dont see anything about a sturgeon stamp on the DFG license/fee's page..

:-?

frankd2ca
02-05-2008, 07:46 PM
DOES 630 SAT SOUND GOOD TO EVERYONE

kooldadj510
02-05-2008, 08:52 PM
YES, I MEAN REPORT CARD.
630 IS OK WITH ME. I ASLO MAY HAVE ROOM FOR ONE MORE ON SAT WAITN FOR BUDDY TO CALL ME BACK. WILL KNOW FOR SURE BY THURS

Feesh-On
02-05-2008, 10:09 PM
6:30 is cool!

Couple questions.....

I think someone said I could ride with them..... - if so, I plan on throwing swimbaits and other stuff targeting other species as well... thats cool right?

Whoever, I am riding with...what can I bring for gas or whatever? Food, beer... whats the dealio?

Adam

Crass
02-06-2008, 12:31 AM
hah, same exact question if i am also able to tag on.

kooldadj510
02-06-2008, 09:27 AM
i cant say yes to another rider yet as i am still waitn on buddy to call me back to tell me if he can go. my buddys usually throw down some money , this covers all bait and tackle for them, and helps me with gas in boat and truck tolls and launch. my boat is not really set up to be throwing jigs or lures, i do not have a walk around it is closed bow with cuddy so the only fishing area is off back and sides of boat. perfect for sturgeon. there arent really any other fish to go after out there right now most of sharks and sting rays have left due to the fresh water and lack of acidity, and of all the years i have fished this area i have only caught one striper and its the only one i have ever seen caught in this area.

willyc
02-06-2008, 09:54 PM
I screwed my self agian forgot about the grandparent 50th anniversary!
So tell me how it goes!!

will

frankd2ca
02-08-2008, 09:28 AM
it is friday so who is still going ???? give me a call 209 484 9073 i will be at the launch in redwood city at 630 ready to go

Feesh-On
02-08-2008, 06:27 PM
sorry guys... I didnt really hear anything about this and didnt plan for it.... - good luck out there!

frankd2ca
02-08-2008, 11:21 PM
i am canceling my trip to the bay and going to riovista maybe next weekend it will be the bay i realy was looking for some help out there to find out where to go in the bay

kooldadj510
02-10-2008, 01:00 PM
whats up frank you said you was going and that you wanted some help i set it up to be there you said on friday night that you was gunna be there next time if you want someones help and you say your gunna be there you should fallow thru with plans i got into a big fight with my ol laddie cus i went thurs fri and then sat and you didnt even show i could have avoided big fight thanks alot frank.
wasnt a totall los though i caught and released a nice 64"er
and about 30 leopords

frankd2ca
02-10-2008, 05:31 PM
sorry!!!! i tryed to get you to call me so i new you was not just some kid on the net trying to get me to show up somewhere i didn't know anything about i left my number and posted i canceled that night realy i am sorry i would live to fish with you down there i live in modesto so please give me a call 209 484 9073 i will buy the bait !!!! sorry

kooldadj510
02-10-2008, 06:47 PM
check your personal messages i sent you one the night before. anyways dont worry about it at all. just know that i am foreal,im not a kid, i am young but here to make fishing buddies. i fish the dumbarton area almost every weekend durring sturgeon season and berkely area durring halibut and striper run. i love to fish and i dont realy know anyone else with a boat thats why i joined this site. like i said dont worry about it i totally understand, it would have been a long ride for you and if i wasnt there it realy would have sucked. i will be fishing the sturgeon durby feb 23 you should try to come out then. if you wanna go out then give me a call we can set it up for sure this time

frankd2ca
02-10-2008, 07:31 PM
thanks for the understanding !!! email me your number i will call you to scedule a trip i realy want to fish that area thanks

willyc
02-11-2008, 06:40 PM
I wanna git in on the next trip also!!!