PDA

View Full Version : Son and I need help/ info

Shane-O
01-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Hello,
I'm new to the board and I was wondering if someone could help me out.
I'm going to the Berkeley pier tomorrow for the first time to catch some perch with my son. Can anyone explain how to set up my rig to catch these guys?
Is it even a good time to fish for them there?

I've read to just drop my line down the side of the pillons, but thats about all i know. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It would be great to catch something!

oh btw, can you keep the perch?

Thanks,
Shane-O

tarbuckle
01-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Also try the message board at pierfishing.com You will get a lot of up to date info and how to rig.

Shane-O
01-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Ok, tyvm :)

Jerrdirt
01-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Set up with a high low rig. Grab some grass shrimp or pile worms and fish near the entrance. I think it may be king fish season too so if you want to try for those take a bag of anchovies as well. Good luck!

MB_Kevin
01-30-2008, 10:34 PM
You could also take some squid and throw it out near the bottom while fishing for the perch. You each can have out 2 rods on the pier. There is a good chance of getting a shark. Could be fun for the kid and are usually easy to catch but might be harder right now with all the fresh water in the bay. It is sometimes cool when fishing with the one rod and the other one goes off.
Good luck and be sure to post the results good or bad. Welcome to the boards.