PDA

View Full Version : Coyote Point

Feesh-On
12-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Looking to do some shore fishing... basically chucking metal or jerkbaits... - saw that coyote point is nearby (bout 25 minutes) and think I might have some luck there...

Anyone have any info for that area?

Thanks!

MB_Kevin
12-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Sometime around this time of year there are some sturgeon pulled out of there. I tried it a few years back and might even try it again this year if I can get a report card. Its as good as any spot on the bay. I don't know if any striper's are in the area if that is what you will be casting for.

EastBayAngler
12-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Haven't fished there for almost a year now. Let us know how you do maybe its time... ::)

Feesh-On
12-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Will do!

Thanks guys!

8-)

jerdh71
12-30-2007, 12:37 PM
Last year about this time during the expo, they were getting sturgeon over there with herring.

sjshark
12-31-2007, 08:45 AM
There are halibut and stripers in the area around spring and summer and early fall. You can try there and also try the cove, showboat and over by kincades restaurant all on airport blvd., right next to coyote point.

fysshurmun
01-01-2008, 10:40 PM
$9 of bait, $5 park fee, 3 hours wasted. Not a single nibble, only crabs. I would not head back there anytime soon.

Fish_R_Us
01-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Usually the sturgeon arrive right after the herring spawn. I don't know when the peak herring run is but I heard it's late winter to early spring in the Bay Area.

Danksta408
01-18-2008, 10:45 PM
How do you get to coyote point??

Feesh-On
01-18-2008, 11:30 PM
How do you get to coyote point??

You can do a google maps search, but you take 101 N.

MB_Kevin
01-18-2008, 11:33 PM
It is off 101. I cant remember the exit I think it is peninsula ave. It is by the golf course on the left coming from san francisco. By the human society. When you exit you have to make a right then another right to go over the over pass. Then another right and follow that road and it is on the left. There is a gate to go threw but I have never been charged but I mostly go in the late afternoon. It would be a good spot to add to your list of bay fishing. ;) Someone here talked about being charged but I have stopped off there at lunch time and no one was at the gate or charged me.
If I think of better directions I will post them if no one else does.

fbanaria
01-18-2008, 11:59 PM
It's a state park, so you pay the required $6 fee to get in. MB, you are just lucky no one is at the gate. Like you said, if you go there late afternoon or early evening, the rangers have probably gone home.

Danksta408
01-19-2008, 01:15 AM
Is the area vehicle friendly??..........I don't wanna come back to my truck on bricks.......LOL........I'm always paranoid when I go 2 Candlestick Point at night

Feesh-On
01-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Might head up there later today if anyone is interested.....

MB_Kevin
01-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Is the area vehicle friendly??..........I don't wanna come back to my truck on bricks.......LOL........I'm always paranoid when I go 2 Candlestick Point at night

Yes it is way safer then candlestick. I had someone try to break into my van at candlestick one day. They broke my license plate frame and bent up my license plate. I don't think they could figure out how to open it. You can usually see your car from anywhere you fish at coyote. There is also a ranger station or something right by where you fish.

Feesh-On
01-30-2008, 05:28 PM
Hit it today and it was quite slow. Not a bite.

Cool place to fish though if you head left from the parking lot and fish the rocks.

I could see this being a good spot when it is warmer