PDA

View Full Version : Stinson Beach

ECVMatt
01-16-2008, 11:57 AM
A family has been kind enough to allow my family the use of their beach house on the weekends it is not rented. I was out there last weekend and wet a line but without much effort and the results showed that(skunked.) I will be going back out there this weekend and am hoping for some advice. Since the idea is to spend some time with my dad(he is battling pancreatic cancer) I won't be running off to Bolinas or anything like that, probably just fishing the high tides from the porch. Is there anything out there? dungys? I was considering getting a crab snare and doing that rather than baiting a hook.

suggestions please, I'd like to catch something!!!!!

Thanks, Matt

Fishmom
01-16-2008, 02:07 PM
There are plenty of barred surf perch at Stinson when the time is right. It might be too early though, last time I tried at Bolinas, just before Christmas, it was dead slow. I have taken keeper sized Dungeness from the inlet to the lagoon, but never tried in the surf or in the lagoon itself. Good luck toyou and your Dad.

twoelk48
01-16-2008, 06:30 PM
My advise to you this time of year just chill and enjoy dad, go buy something for a great dinner or lunch, perhaps make it a guys weekend invitiing a few of his best friends along. I have done this for my dad and it works great, but then I love to cook so if you need a cook I"ll volunteer and if you like this idea pm me, Kent