PDA

View Full Version : Overnight and Offshore! Tuna/Swords (Video!)

sublime1bs
03-01-2010, 03:34 AM
As we get closer to the TUNA 'season', I've had some time to put together a video of a scouting trip we were fortunate enough to take back in early June. No (oregon) sport-caught tuna had been caught yet, so we were hoping to be the first.

The weather was perfect, as was the ocean. We cruised almost 100 miles SW, over the Continental shelf, and past the Heceta Canyon. We set off to troll for albies/potential big-eye until dark.

Overnight, we stopped the boat and drifted with live bait, at different depths, in hopes for one of those "Mythical Oregon Swordfish".

Sadly, the only visit we got that night was a dolphin checking out our 'bobber' (balloon), and a small blue shark. The next day was much sloppier, so we trolled North, back out of it, and eventually headed back to the barn.

Click this Link below for the Video!
http://bssphoto.blogspot.com

Thanks again, John!

HawaiianHooker
03-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Nice video, good water, you never know unless you go..

Shawnb
03-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Cool video!

royrod
03-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Thats great! cant wait for Tuna Time this summer.

royrod
03-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Question for you.. Most tuna fisherpeople run Braided with a top shot of mono, so how much top shot do you run? On my Iron pole 8' cal star I am running 65 yrds of 30# mono // I'm getting ready to spool my two speed but not sure how much top shot to run?