PDA

View Full Version : Camanche info

draginballs2
01-28-2010, 06:25 AM
This will be my 1st time to this lake, coming from Grass Valley. I have read the past reports, and have some ideas where to start. Any other help would be great. We will be launching out of the north shore. Should I head to the dam, hat island? Maby it dosn t matter. Cant find the orange grubs but I did find Green/yellow color, what size hooks are you useing with the grubs? Help help help.

Thanks

Ryan

xxxxxx
01-28-2010, 07:42 AM
Size #2 owner mosquito hooks are what I use....as far as the orange grubbs....go to Wal Mart look for white 3in grubbs made by apex ($1.29 for 20 pack) Then go to Fishermans warehouse and get some orange "Spike It" dye ($3.99) then dip those white grubbs in it and 20 sec later they are ready to troll.

Good Luck!

draginballs2
01-28-2010, 07:49 AM
well we dont have a wallmart in grass valley, dam. Have you tryed any other colors?

xxxxxx
01-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Firetiger (green yellow) will work but orange is the go to color for sure....Small rapalas are a must as well. Troll them 1.8-2.5 way back behind the boat...good Luck!! Also there is a small bait n tackle shop at the north shore ramp??

Etray
01-28-2010, 09:14 AM
ya it seems like orange is the only color out there that i catch my limits on if i switch it up i dont get any bites.

deezee
01-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Just because i like to be different, I guess, I've been toplining Rapala J9's in silver and doing really well. 100' back at 1.5 to 2 mph. If you want to try something different then there you go.

tortuga
01-28-2010, 10:25 AM
They are trout! Try your favorite lure and believe. I've caught fish at Camanche on Apex's, Criplures, Wedding Rings, and dodgers with a worm. Orange seems to be the color but sometimes something different triggers some good things. Of course if I'm out there this weekend I'm dragging an orange grub!!
Tortuga

xxxxxx
01-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Freon gave me some when I was I was in need a couple weeks ago so I feel compelled to "pass it on" so if I happen to make it out there give me a shout on the radio and I'll give you some home dyed ones!!!! What day are you gonna go??

RF

gills
01-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Dodger worm combo 1.5 to 1.8 on the gps , use a threader on the worm. Never lets me down..

Gills 8-)

fish_junky
01-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Stop at Willfish on Hwy 49 in Auburn. They may have the 3'' Seps orange grubs there. The Chartruse 3'' grubs work also. Make sure and run a swivel chain about 5 ft up from you grub. If not you'll have a mess on your hands. Oh and 140 ft behind the boat.

Good Luck

crestliner
01-29-2010, 04:18 AM
We were there yesterday.
Started slow with one, then suddenly in about 15 minutes we hooked into 5 more.
We finished the day with 14 to the boat.
Released most of them and kept some bleeders.
Topping out at about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds.
Caught on:
Orange grub on top ( the usual setup)
Worm / UV chrome seps dodger spattered with orange.
Orange / gold F7 original Rapala
Silver / brown F7 Rapala
Oh and one on a firetiger colored Krocodile
Most fish caught towards I guess dam 5 and 6 then to Hat.
The points where the orange bouy lines are out of the water on shore and along the white bouy lines in the water.
Several fish caught along some of the underwater rises between there and the south shore ramp too.
All lines back a ways.
Rapalas also back ranging from 5' to 15' down on the riggers.
Speed 1.7 to 1.9
Oh if your using worm dodgers keep an eye out for short strikes nipping off the tails.

I wish I was back there now......

Team Mc Fishing
02-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Yeah these Orange grubs are a hot commodity it seems. I just bought the only 5 packs of 3 inch Orange Seps that we had left at the store here on Monday.

crestliner
02-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Went by the Fishermans Warehouse here in San Jose.
All out of orange grubs and anything orange that looks like them...
I almost running out too...

xxxxxx
02-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Went by the Fishermans Warehouse here in San Jose.
All out of orange grubs and anything orange that looks like them...
I almost running out too...

Just buy the white ones and get a bottle of orange "spike it" works great!!

RF

christopher6968
02-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Yeah these Orange grubs are a hot commodity it seems. I just bought the only 5 packs of 3 inch Orange Seps that we had left at the store here on Monday.

I almost bought them all right at closing sunday night.* but i really didn't need ten packs* *:)

cutbow_master
02-03-2010, 03:15 PM
I am with Gills. Fished the narrows last Sunday- caught one on an orange grub, and 7 on a Seps gold/silver dodger and a crawler trolled at 1.5 to 1.8 mph on GPS as well.