PDA

View Full Version : 1/28 quarry lakes report

vin60
01-28-2010, 04:00 PM
fished from 1230 to 17:45

as previous report said real slow.

fished my go to rooster tail for a bump earlier in the afternoon. fished second rod with pe. no nibbles till later in the afternoon 4pm ish. my bobber did the happy dance and swung on the bite. pulling hard it ran and i had to slowly wind er in. thinking it was a good sized trout then it did a roll. wait trout dont roll. brought my catch up to shore 3lb catfish. damn wrong species. well packed up and walked along the shoreline towars the parking lot. said what the hell i got 15 minutes. tossed out the rooster tail at the beginning of fishermans row. first cast gets slammed. reeling reeling then suddenly slack line. line snapped. so if anyone catches a fish with a rooster tail in its mouth can you reurn my rooster tail? lol i kid i kid. but all in all great weather today too bad for the slow fishing.

CRESTLINER 08
01-28-2010, 04:11 PM
COOL,A BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME ....

Rather_B_Fishin
01-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Congrats on the catfish Vin, I've never caught a catfish @ Quarry Lakes. But will surely give it a shot someday. About your rooster tail, i'll let you know if I ever happen to catch a trout with one on. How did other anglers do around you?

Serial_Kriller
01-29-2010, 01:36 AM
Hey Vin,
At least you did'nt get skunked, but losing that last one really sucks because it was probably a fairly nice size hog to break you off like that. Did you happen to notice if the trout were feeding on the surface (aka rising, surface activity) at any time while you were there?

LuckyIrishFan
01-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Vin, sounds like even though the day was slow at least you got to see some action. Sorry about the rooster tail, I'll be looking out for it myself and I'll let you know if I get it. FISH ON ;D!!!

vin60
01-29-2010, 01:46 PM
haha thanks for all the replies. good lookin out for a brother fisherman. for the surrounding fisherman a guy caught a 4lber at the beginning of fishermans row with orange pe. and the guy next to me lost a hard pulling "i dont know" when his 4lb leader snapped. but it had his rod bendo and it was not an ultrlight rod but a medium bass rod so it must have been a good fish. he was using green powerbait. other than that it was the usual one fish here and there in the 1-2lb range all with an assortment of colors. beautiful day tho. warm sunny, but i think maybe too warm. no surface feeding even at night. so hope it helps all of you. fish on brothers fish on

CRESTLINER 08
01-29-2010, 02:37 PM
ill be hitting it up soon , gonna take that long walk to the point.wait till the sunrise be 4 i fish.monday its on ....