PDA

View Full Version : DV 01/17 Bank fishing

FishyMe
01-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Will be fishing tomorrow..rain or shine..unless it POURS :P

Will be my first time. any recommendations to baits? locations? Any one else going? I'm fishing from shore..

A.TranTHEFiSHERMAN
01-16-2010, 10:48 AM
i usually do good right at the swim area and just left to the docks is also a good spot from shore! i would personally fish the swim area its more deep there ;)! use nc and power eggs and powerbait the water has been stained so rainbow orange chartuse are some good colors that stick out in the stained water try jiggin a power worm also it kills them!
ill be out there tomorrow on my pontoon! see you there rain or shine give a holla!

FishyMe
01-16-2010, 11:43 AM
is the swim area easily located??? Sorry, never been there. and what time does del valle open?

Brutus20
01-16-2010, 01:45 PM
is the swim area easily located??? Sorry, never been there.* *and what time does del valle open?

after you enter the pay booth just follow the road till it ends at the marina. The swim area is to the left. They open at 0700 . Good luck
Brutus

FishyMe
01-16-2010, 02:12 PM
thanks Brutus. I will report when i come back. my goal is one fish.. just so i can get the skunk off.

FishyMe
01-17-2010, 05:54 AM
fished from 7-10am with no bites. started by the swimming area and then moved a mile or so down the boat ramp and still nothing..went to shadow cliffs for about 2 hours with nothing either. did see alot of nice fish on stringers... 0 for 3 for this year..

Brutus20
01-17-2010, 07:21 AM
FishyMe, I guess you found DV ok. Sorry to hear you struck out today. I hope you dont give up on DV, its a good place & next time you'll prob. knock em dead.

Take care Brutus

lq9hd
01-17-2010, 10:15 AM
fished from 7-10am with no bites. started by the swimming area and then moved a mile or so down the boat ramp and still nothing..went to shadow cliffs for about 2 hours with nothing either. did see alot of nice fish on stringers...* *0 for 3 for this year..*

Dang... 0/3 Sorry to hear. Even though the weather guys are liars, your a trooper for heading out today. I woke up and looked outside and said forget it.

CRESTLINER 08
01-17-2010, 10:53 AM
i was out all day sat ,16 and came back with a case of skunker i diz ,i know the feeling !!!! i will go back to dv its a nice clean place and i have caught some nice fish there b4 goodluck next time.

FishyMe
01-17-2010, 11:10 AM
i only get to fish the weekends..so i get out as much as i can... the weather was actually pretty good until about 1230pm... no rain until around 1130am.. it got windy and started to rain harder. so i decided its time to go home.. next time i WILL get one! good luck to all that is fishing this week during the storm. go catch them!

A.TranTHEFiSHERMAN
01-17-2010, 12:38 PM
i didnt know which one you were so i didnt say hi. sorry to* hear about your day but i like the that attitude and thats the way to go you have to be postive even when you dont catch a fish!! ive had days where every one around me is hookin up and i couldnt get a nibble if my life depended on it.