PDA

View Full Version : ice fishing

Paul707
01-11-2010, 03:01 AM
I fished a iced over lake near boca, my first time ice fishing. I had to walk in thorugh about a mile a snow not knowing that the lake was like, I got there and theres a couple guys standing in the middle :o They seemed pretty surpsrised to see me, but they were very friendly and let me use their auger to drill a couple holes. It was pretty slow at first but the other guys were nailin them on powerbait.. they had it rigged on what looked like a little lead head.. I just fished a sliding sinker rig, i was getting bit not so much.. I tried a weightless crawler and started getting bit, and then also got a couple jigging a crappie jig.. So i had a great first time ice fishing caught 8 small rainbows..

SO my question is whats your favorite way to rig up for ice fishing? Id have to say the weightless crawler dropped to different depths seemed pretty killer..
ALSO, anyone else have any luck ice fishing? ive heard boca is supposed to be a good bet now...

Paul707
01-12-2010, 06:18 AM
Nobody wants to share any ice fishing info?? :'(
I just read an article that says boca and prosser have had pretty good ice fishing, and alot of people are fishing there as theyre easily accessible.. They also state that there are plenty of holes left over.. I always thought they froze back over pretty quick?.. They say fishing for browns and bows near the dam at boca has been doin good.. And apparently for Prosser it takes a little bit of a walk to get to the good spot which is the Prosser creek inlet area..

lq9hd
01-12-2010, 06:35 AM
Never been man. Once you get it down, let me know. Ill buy a bottle to keep us warm.

BASS-O-MATIC
01-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Ice fishing always makes me think of Minnesota. I didn't think it was cold enuff for long enuff.