PDA

View Full Version : Folsom 12/21

skunk-monkey
12-21-2009, 01:15 PM
fished five hours today, from the ramp down to the dam then up the south fork. One really nice rip in front of Beals point, another hit over towards Brown's ravine but that was it, both on top, on a fire tiger rapala, worm tipped.

Conditions were perfect...51 degree water, overcast. Tried a little of everything but Folsom was being Folsom today...at least for me. A guy at the ramp though caught a beautiful three pounder from shore as I was putting in--looked like a steelhead it was so pretty. I'm off all week though and haven't been able to fish in months so I'm going to go back and try it later this week. I saw the report after I came in today from the guy who did pretty well fishing shallow (note to self: check reports BEFORE you go out, genius) and that's about the only thing I didn't do so I'll give that a go next. Folsom surely p****s me off--especially the $18 ramp fee at Granite Bay--but I'm one of those idiots who sees a slap-down as an invitation to try again.

Trout Tracker
12-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Im like you.I haven't done great at Folsom but keep on going with the hopes of doing better.
The 18.00 seems a bit stiff but i will try a few times this year.
TT

ripinlips09
12-23-2009, 09:02 AM
I get the year pass for cal state parks at 160 and it pays off quick. skunk you live near the lake if so hit me up we can go out I do ok at folsom most of the time and got the parking pass.