PDA

View Full Version : Advice about Quarry Lakes?

LuckyIrishFan
12-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Hello fellow sniffers :). I was wondering if anyone who fishes at Quarry could give me some advice about the parking and park hours at this lake. At Chabot, I am able to park just outside of the front gates and walk to the lake at 0500hrs. Can I do the same at Quarry? Or do I have to wait till 0700hrs when the gate opens in order to access the lake? As always, any advice is greatly appreciated. FISH ON! ;D;D

FISHnTENNIS
12-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Hey Irish, you are able to park outside of the gates, around near the residential's and walk to the park before the gates open, just make sure you purchase the access fishing permit of course..

LuckyIrishFan
12-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Thanks FishNTennis. Last question, how early can I start walking to the lake?

mlazar
12-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Thanks FishNTennis.* Last question, how early can I start walking to the lake?

* *you can fish one hour before sunrise till 6 pm... if you park in the residential area off Isherwood , it is a 5-10 min.walk to the lake ...

KrillKill
12-11-2009, 05:27 PM
park is open at 5:00 am. The permit machine doesn't boot up until 5:00 am(like chabot). It doesn't always work so the iron ranger is right across from it. I find it that this lake is better early than later. I don't fish this lake much, but it has its on and off days. Good luck and let us know how you do.

mlazar
12-11-2009, 09:56 PM
park is open at 5:00 am. The permit machine doesn't boot up until 5:00 am(like chabot). It doesn't always work so the iron ranger is right across from it. I find it that this lake is better early than later. I don't fish this lake much, but it has its on and off days. Good luck and let us know how you do.

I don't know what entrance you use, but at the main entrance,the fishing permit machine is a box that you grab a red envelope from and put your name on it and put your 4 dollars in and drop in and then keep the stub for proof of payment...

Mr_Lake_Chabot
12-12-2009, 01:47 AM
Right after u turn left at Isherwood over bridge turn right in little parking lot free parking walk through gate towards lake there's a permit pole with Red envelopes