PDA

View Full Version : How to find most trout using floating bait in a boat (VID~Revised)

StrikeFighter
12-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Finally got around to completing tip video..Done with Screenflow. How to find trout tips using floating bait when fishing from a boat. These are the good methods to use when finding good spots to fish for trout. This technique allows you exposure to both the fish swimming the bank plus the fish that trollers normally catch which are swimming in the middle of the lake. Pull up on the point watching very careful the depths as you approach as well as watching for dangers to your prop. Raise motor as you get close. Many times you want need an anchor out to hold you in place. Fish out the back of the boat very close to shore as many times the trout are just out of visual range..Always observe depths on fishfinder as you approach points so you know what depth you are casting to.........Bill

To see HD version
Click on HD when it starts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j1DeIQufms

King James
12-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Interesting.....the fish then are close to shore, but cross the lake to the other point's in this "S" type pattern? I'm not to sure I agree with this. Don't trout pretty much follow the shore as they move.....I agree points are a great place to fish, but not because of what you state.

StrikeFighter
12-06-2009, 12:30 PM
I was trying to convey that a point offers a much bigger arc of water around you verses a straight shore line has approximately 180 degrees of water in front of you....In point 1 you have approximately 270 degree and point 2 and 3 offers up to 300 plus degrees of water.....fish will be going back and forth and from all direction so the more water arc in front of you will funnel more fish by you because they are coming from all directions...Good luck fishing Bill