PDA

View Full Version : camanche trout pond 12/3

Jfitalia
11-30-2009, 10:32 PM
i'll be up there in my toon on thursday!! Just wondering if anyone else will be there??

fish_bytes
12-01-2009, 07:30 AM
Can you access the trout pond from both entrances to the lake, or do you have to use North or South only? Is there any access to the pond for someone who is on crutches?

Bad knee would like to see some fishing prior to the surgery in 2 weeks.

Thanks,
-jr.

Serial_Kriller
12-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Hello JR,
The pond is located at the South Shore Rec. Area (off highway 12). After you pay at the gate, it's about a quarter mile down the road on your left. They have a couple fishing piers available and one of them is "handicapped accessable." Good Luck!

B_RAN
12-01-2009, 12:15 PM
wish i can join you man :-/ ill be home in 9 days and im definently hittin that up!! during a weekday though ;D

Jfitalia
12-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Yeah man when u get back we'll have to hit it up. You hear anything on seco????

fish_feeder32
12-01-2009, 01:08 PM
sounds like fun wish I could be there. But I already have plans to go fishing and have a BBQ with the familly at oak grove park. For my sisters B-Day.

cgagex3
12-01-2009, 01:49 PM
jfitalia,
Wish I could, it is hard enough for me to get out weekends right now.
Nothing on Seco yet but they will start up soon enough. The Derby is the weekend after next.
I always liked sitting in my toon out offshore seeing if enough people get on the dock to sink it. Seen it happen a couple of times and it is a sight to see. If I go I will have to take a camera just in case.

CG

B_RAN
12-01-2009, 01:57 PM
jfitalia,
Wish I could, it is hard enough for me to get out weekends right now.
Nothing on Seco yet but they will start up soon enough. The Derby is the weekend after next.
I always liked sitting in my toon out offshore seeing if enough people get on the dock to sink it. Seen it happen a couple of times and it is a sight to see. If I go I will have to take a camera just in case.

CG
hahahahaha yeah ive seen you in the north end of the lake in a cove fishin in your toon.. and yes!! im usually helpin sink that dock!! but the dock fisherman catch waaaaaaay more than the tubers (on derby days).. bring your camera cause i want to see a distant shot of that!! but jfitalia- cgagex3 is right.. derby is next weekend and im campin there the whole weekend for it!!

check it
http://www.smud.org/en/about/Documents/2009FallTroutDerby.pdf

Jfitalia
12-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Well I'll have to hit it for the derby! I will get a late start since I'll be going there straight from work at 6am

B_RAN
12-02-2009, 02:05 AM
oh yeah!! but damn that is a late start :-/ oh well i never catch too many way early just right when the sun peeks. ive rolled out there with my buddie in our boat right when the sun peeked and first cast.. BAM!! 5lb.16oz. for 1st place!!!

Jfitalia
12-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Haha yeah or if anything I'll go a couple days after and catch all the rest of the fish

B_RAN
12-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Haha yeah or if anything I'll go a couple days after and catch all the rest of the fish
YES!!!! you nailed it man!! only the smart ones go back the prior week!! i just graduated last year and always had school the following week but my buddie always told me how killer it was the next week!! limit of all 5lbers!!! no joke!! im goin everyday the next week for sure! ;D ;)

Shawnb
12-03-2009, 12:12 PM
How did you do at the pond today?