PDA

View Full Version : killer day at Jackson meadows

tonyscog3
11-25-2009, 01:28 AM
went to jackson meadows on a sick day at work, so i headed out for the lake at 545am and found snow right at the sign for the road, but the road is open, just need a 4x4, there is snow all over the road, next storm will close it. So u are all good with 4wheel to get in... bout the fishing now, got there and tied on some powerbait and a worm rig on the other. Started with a nice 14inch holdover, great color to him, then started catching the plants non stop.. Did catch a couple nice brookies to my suprise one was about 12". i even threw a gold with red 1/8ounce kastmaster for a lil bit to fool around and caught 3 on that.. Fish are hungry there, i fished till my worms were gone and headed home at noon.. Just remember, have 4wheel if u go, but one more storm come through they will close the gate....

mMachado86
11-25-2009, 07:11 AM
how sketchy was the road? I want to hit up the lake tomorrow for thanksgiving. How about the road to Milton, drivable?...I have 4x4 but that doesnt always mean i won't get stuck either...

SHigSpeed
11-25-2009, 01:11 PM
how sketchy was the road? I want to hit up the lake tomorrow for thanksgiving.* How about the road to Milton, drivable?...I have 4x4 but that doesnt always mean i won't get stuck either...

how sketchy was the road? I want to hit up the lake tomorrow for thanksgiving.* How about the road to Milton, drivable?...I have 4x4 but that doesnt always mean i won't get stuck either...

Just sayin', Milton's closed as is the Yuba down that way.

_SHig

mMachado86
11-25-2009, 02:29 PM
how long did it take to get to the lake from turning off of 89 and how much snow is on the ground? (from where to where)...appreciate it SHig.*

[smiley=Old_hippie.gif]